• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Panama City Florida

70-something yo man was in front of his house around 6 a.m. when he saw a man acting erratically, swearing and screaming walking down the street. Mr. Erratic approached the old man, who fled into his garage and then into his house. Mr. Erratic beat on the door between garage and house, but not gaining entry there went to the glass front door of the house and broke in. He knocked the 70+ man's wife to the floor and began beating her about the head. 70+ went upstairs, retrieved a handgun, and fired several times, killing Mr. Erratic. Mrs. 70+ was taken to hospital but articles did not have word on her condition.

Police identified Mr. Erratic's real name, and discovered he was staying at a nearby short-term rental with some other adults and children where the police observed narcotics in plain sight. A warrant was obtained, a search found a smorgasbord of drugs, and the adults went to jail on a variety of drug and child neglect charges.

Pictures of the smashed glass door and the various ne'er-do-wells at the links.

https://www.facebook.com/BayCountySO/posts/10158194519333516

https://leadpatriot.com/armed-70-year-old-homeowner-ends-violent-attack-on-his-wife-video/7289/

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Philadelphia Pennsylvania

https://6abc.com/gun-store-shooting-burglary-philadelphia-police-news/6226476/

Gun store owner was "staking out" his store because of previous burglary attempts. He saw men using cutters to enter a gate and the store.

Gus store owner shot at them, striking one of the men inside his store (on second floor) in the head, DOS. Two or three others fled. Some guy showed up at a nearby hospital with a shoulder GSW, police investigating to see if he was part of this incident.

GS owner cooperating with police.

ETA: More details:
    https://www.phillyvoice.com/south-philly-gun-shop-shooting-firing-line-owner-burglary-looters/

[FONT=&quot]"One of the individuals that broke into the property pointed a handgun at him," Chief Inspector Scott Smalls told FOX 29. "And that's when the store owner fired his own weapon – striking the one perpetrator at least one time in the head and he collapsed, dropping his gun between his legs."[/FONT]

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Omaha Nebraska

https://www.ketv.com/article/offici...-death-of-22-year-old-james-scurlock/32733160

This is probably covered in other threads but DA has ruled this self-defense, so deserves an entry here.

"Protesters" in Omaha confronted in front of bar after a street sign was used to break bar windows. Bar owner's dad gets in tussle with people in front. Bar owner, a white guy (yep it matters) approaches demanding who shoved his dad. Someone notices bar owner is armed and announces it. A woman, self-described "person of color" tackles him from behind and takes him to the ground and other people surround to join in. Bar owner fires two self-described warning shots and people scatter. As bar owner is getting up a young black man tackles him from behind taking him to ground again and putting his arm around bar owner's neck while apparently trying to grab or control the weapon. Bar owner is heard on video tapes shouting "Get off me, get off me, please get off me." Because his right hand is trapped, bar owner switches gun to left hand, points gun over his shoulder and shoots the other guy in the shoulder/neck area, killing him.

Other articles and social media claim the bar owner is "homophobic racist" and used racial slurs, but several audio tracks exist and DA says no evidence of this. The man killed was caught on other videos earlier vandalizing another property.

Woman who tackled him gave a statement to police apparently believing it would cause the police to arrest bar owner, but in the process admits to tackling him from behind and pulling him to the ground because he had a gun. I don't yet see any indication she was arrested for assault.

https://www.ketv.com/article/offici...-death-of-22-year-old-james-scurlock/32733160

If you are out and about in dangerous turf, make sure you have plenty of video rolling...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Omaha Nebraska

This is probably covered in other threads but DA has ruled this self-defense, so deserves an entry here.

"Protesters" in Omaha confronted in front of bar after a street sign was used to break bar windows. Bar owner's dad gets in tussle with people in front. Bar owner, a white guy (yep it matters) approaches demanding who shoved his dad. Someone notices bar owner is armed and announces it. A woman, self-described "person of color" tackles him from behind and takes him to the ground and other people surround to join in. Bar owner fires two self-described warning shots and people scatter. As bar owner is getting up a young black man tackles him from behind taking him to ground again and putting his arm around bar owner's neck while apparently trying to grab or control the weapon. Bar owner is heard on video tapes shouting "Get off me, get off me, please get off me." Because his right hand is trapped, bar owner switches gun to left hand, points gun over his shoulder and shoots the other guy in the shoulder/neck area, killing him.

Other articles and social media claim the bar owner is "homophobic racist" and used racial slurs, but several audio tracks exist and DA says no evidence of this. The man killed was caught on other videos earlier vandalizing another property.

Woman who tackled him gave a statement to police apparently believing it would cause the police to arrest bar owner, but in the process admits to tackling him from behind and pulling him to the ground because he had a gun. I don't yet see any indication she was arrested for assault.

If you are out and about in dangerous turf, make sure you have plenty of video rolling...

:n00b: So the dude who tackled him was gay?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    :n00b: So the dude who tackled him was gay?

Dunno about that, but a new player has entered the game:

Chief: Man who shot Omaha protester could face gun charge

The County Attorney has already decided that the bar owner killed the guy on his back in self-defense and no felony charge is warranted.

But now the Police Chief is saying they can still arrest the bar owner because his carry permit was expired and he was carrying a gun. But then he passes the buck and says filing [misdemeanor] charges would be up to the City prosecutor (note, not the same as the County Attorney).

There's a word from my military days for what the Chief is doing but I'll bet the INGO filter blocks it. Lessee: "Chicken ****."
    Well, half of it got through.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It takes a special kind of stupid to invade a gun enthusiast's home to steal his guns.

It takes a special kind of stupid to post your valuables on social media.

Good for the homeowner and good for the police!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorta fits here.

This morning (7/20), at 5:40am... our alarm triggered, siren blaring. Wife saw the alert said "motion - kitchen".

I got up, figured something fell. Immediately noticed some failures on my part: Had my CC gun on nightstand (G26) instead of EDC (G19).... and no ****in' flashlight.

Regardless. Moved out of bedroom and started downstairs. Wife got her G43 and backed-up.

Swept main level, found a broom near a motion sensor that was leaning. I figure that's probably what set it off. Swept rest of house to be sure.

Learning points:

Hammer home to other people in the house to not lean **** against the wall.
    Keep my **** ready on the nightstand. Don't get lazy on this.
    Re-evaluate security service (they didn't contact me or dispatch... what are we paying $25/mo for?)

Side question - Any good "tactical" flashlights that are ideal for nightstand that you recommend?

Top Bottom