• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Kirk, I want to meet you! (serious, not satire) Where do you find this stuff? What is interesting from a preliminary "credibility and motivation check" is that Japan ranks 161st in diabetes as far as prevalence in countries. Diabetes Prevalence - Country Rankings The scientist in me instantly asks "why would Japan be sinking money in diabetes research since stereotypically they are the last ones to be suffering from it?"
    I don't have much constructive to say about it but I'm intrigued.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where do you find this stuff?

Professor Reynolds at http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/

Japan ranks 161st in diabetes as far as prevalence in countries.

Sushi, prevents diabetes and is yummy. What a superfood. It's Kirk's bacon.:D

Kirk, I want to meet you! (serious, not satire)

I didn't know she was your niece. I didn't even know you had a niece.

The scientist in me instantly asks "why would Japan be sinking money in diabetes research since stereotypically they are the last ones to be suffering from it?"

An advanced culture such as Japan will produce advanced results.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Interesting. It would be awesome to be cured of my type 1 diabetes by the time I retire so I could enjoy it more. I'd even consider volunteering for a human study on this as long as all involved could convince me of their competence. From what I read, I can't really see any long term negative affects even if it doesn't work.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Stem Cell research could potentially revolutionize medicine as we know it. We just need to remove the taboo nature of it, there are other ways to get stem cells than from the grotesque way everyone always hears about.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'd like to know why people can't donate the cord blood, and cells from that? When my son was born we were asked if we wanted to store the cord blood, and we looked into it and they wanted about $100 a month...wish we had done it now!

Iluvguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Stem Cell research could potentially revolutionize medicine as we know it. We just need to remove the taboo nature of it, there are other ways to get stem cells than from the grotesque way everyone always hears about.

exactly

lots of people beleive we can only get them from aborted fetus's

i think i even read an article a few years back about getting stem cells from liposuction waste

Top Bottom