• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Street price will be like 400 though. There regular db380 lists at 400 but you can get them for 300 or really close.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hmm. Interesting pocket firearm. I'm definitely a fan of the 9mm in pocket guns like that. More effective than .380 or Mak, but still not a "punishing" recoil.

Think I'll stick with my G26 for now, though...thats a fair bit of money.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Finally a "pocket 9" with potential to be reliable.

Surely you jest!

They can barely get a .380 to work right. The message boards are awash with issues with that pistol. (some folks DO have good luck with theirs, I admit)

But for the forseeable future, Kahr owns the micro 9mm (and .40...) Market with their PM series.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Waiting for the Kahr CM9 to come out before passing judgment. Then I will see what/if anything will replace my LCP. So far the LC9 is in the lead, but the CM9 is showing a LOT of potential.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    The CM9 should be good to go from the start considering it's just a PM manufactured like a CW. I wouldn't even consider the Ruger over a Kahr if the end up near on pricing. I forget, is this Ruger a Kel-Tec copy, or did they actually design this one? As far as the Diamondback goes, I don't think they'll do too well considering the price and reputation.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Indy Guy beat me to it. They have so many .380s stacked up for repair I'd give them a year or two to see how the 9mm sorts out. A friend of mine in the business won't even carry them anymore.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I must have gotten a bad one. My Diamondback .380 has eaten close to 400 trouble free rounds. Couldn't say that about either my, or the wife's LCP's.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I must have gotten a bad one. My Diamondback .380 has eaten close to 400 trouble free rounds. Couldn't say that about either my, or the wife's LCP's.

Same here Cam. Mine has around 500 flawless thru it. Eats and shoots anything I put in it and does it accurately. I have heard of lots of lemons, thank goodness I didn't get one I guess. Mine is an early edition too with a ZA0XXX serial and the stainless mag release.

It would be interesting to see what the return / repair percentage rate was on the DB380. Not that I am saying it compares, but if the internet and forums were so widely used back when glocks hit the market would they have suffered from the same public falling due to defects? I read quite a few reviews on the DB before I got mine. Many were good if not great. Then I went to the forums and it was a complete 180 with a lot of complaints. What I found was that you would have a few guys that did get a bad one but they posted on nearly every site they could about the experience. I also heard that DB had good CS and was turning the repairs back out rather quick. I am not disagreeing with anyone who has had a bad experience with the DB380. Nor am I am saying they are wrong in what they have said. I am just stating what I see. I have a Ruger sr9c that had a very rocky start when they hit the market with a 100% return due to recall and various other issues (as many new firearms do). My sr9c has got to be one of my favorite firearms I own now. All of the reviews I have seen lately are plagued with many praises. Has the DB380 turned around yet or is it still shipping unreliable firearms after having a chance to fix some of the early on issues? I would really like to see some more recent reviews from owners to see if they are now producing a more reliable 380. I am very interested in the 9mm and may get an early model but I would like to hear some more first hand experiences with the 380 to see if they have improved.

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    It's a very nice looking gun but for the price, I'll stick with my Bodyguard. Most of the time when I'm CC, my wallet feels more intrusive than my .380.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Looks more promising than the LC9 at this point... hmmm....

..and the DB is actually a "pocket pistol" where the LC9 is really just a "compact"

Hmm. Interesting pocket firearm. I'm definitely a fan of the 9mm in pocket guns like that. More effective than .380 or Mak, but still not a "punishing" recoil.

Think I'll stick with my G26 for now, though...thats a fair bit of money.

Agreed, but I think it's intended purpose is a BUG, or pocket pistol, cant really carry a G26 in a normal pocket....

Surely you jest!

They can barely get a .380 to work right. The message boards are awash with issues with that pistol. (some folks DO have good luck with theirs, I admit)

But for the forseeable future, Kahr owns the micro 9mm (and .40...) Market with their PM series.

I've seen more complaints about the Bodyguard than the DB..

Waiting for the Kahr CM9 to come out before passing judgment. Then I will see what/if anything will replace my LCP. So far the LC9 is in the lead, but the CM9 is showing a LOT of potential.

The DB9 is smaller than the LC9, apples and oranges IMO

It's a very nice looking gun but for the price, I'll stick with my Bodyguard. Most of the time when I'm CC, my wallet feels more intrusive than my .380.

You havent had any of the reported problems with the Bodyguard?

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Many consider the 9mm for primary carry. For EDC I use 9mm. I have a .40 and 10mm for special occasions. I personally believe it has proven its self to be an ample round. I believe the mass build of Sub Compact 9mm this year is to verge the gap in BUG and EDC primary firearms. I will admit that I have somewhat longed for a 9mm the size of my DB380 to use for EDC in a wallet holster. If the DB9 proves itself it will possibly break that gap. Something about 11 oz, .8" wide just wants to sit in the pocket. Yes there are a few 9mm pocket rockets available on the market that come close but then you have to consider price, weight, and size and how they compare. I really hope that the DB9 will work reliably and prove itself. I guarantee that if I get one it will see a 1000 rds in no time, win, lose or draw......

Top Bottom