• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Wrigley sales in Fort Wayne was selling them new for $259 and I couldn't resist. I have put about 200 rounds through it with only two issues. Both of which I blame myself for not having a firm grasp on the gun. The key is you gotta hold on to this thing. Any limp wristing results in jamming. Hold it tight and it runs great. As far as pocket carry? It is the only 9mm I could comfortably carry in my pocket. Much smaller and lighter than my shield and my nano. Have a Sig P938 that is also quite small and pocketable.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm thinking I may go with the CM9 in a Nemisis pocket holster. I'm not wanting anything with more than an overall height of around 4in and overall length 5-5.5 in maximum. The LC9 is half inch taller and longer than the Kahr. Any other carry position and that half inch wouldn't make a difference, but going in my front pocket I think it will.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I wouldn't get too hung up on numbers, really - how a gun rides in your pocket is going to vary some anyway, from the angle of the bottom of the pocket cut to the amount of stretch in the fabric. The shape of the gun is going to dictate the way the measurements come out, too - The j-frame that rides in my pocket most often has an overall length of 6.31'' according to the S&W website, but it has no problem being stowed away in any pair of dress pants I have, not to mention blue jeans or other casual pants.

Weight, when it comes to pocket carry, would be my biggest concern. Lots of guys put a bunch of stuff in their pockets - its when that weight shows sag from the outside that it becomes problematic. My j-frame is 15oz and isn't a problem - My Shield is 19 and still carries okay. A glock 26 is 21.7 which is still doable, if you can deal with the block in your pocket.

Of course, all this being said - if I lived in dress pants, I'd seriously consider an ankle holster. Buy the right pants and you can dang near conceal anything - I've seen well-concealed 1911s like the one in your profile pic with the right pants..

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Anyone have more to add to this discussion? I know the ones your gonna buy today are more likely to be the "fixed" ones, and am curious if the general opinion on them has changed any from the jam-o-matic thoughts on the older ones. I got one in the mail, I might not even carry it, it was a good deal, and I thought it might be fun. I really only watched the hickok45 video on it before I decided to buy it, of course after, I read all kinds of bad reports about it, but most people say its the older one that had those problems. I guess, when I get mine and put a couple hundred rounds through it, then I will start forming my opinion on it, and I will share it here. Just curious where INGO lies on the db9 now.

it seemed to work pretty well for him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHC9zUVRc18

Heres the one I got.
    Diamondback-DB9FDE.jpg

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I bought a shield 9mm no thumb safety back in January. Put talon rubber overlay grips on it. Couldn't be happier. Tad bigger than the DB, but the shield has a better track record.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I was into the db9 the second it came out, I just loved the idea of a 380 sized gun in 9mm, and it has no mechanical safety, and actual sights. Hopefully this one does me well, if not, I can sell it for what I bought it for no problem.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Half ass update. It was about dusk when I got it back to dads where I could shoot it. I decided with very little time till I didn't want to bother the neighbors, I would just try dumping a couple mags. I didn't even clean it, checked the barrel and it was clean, so 12 rapid fired fiocchi fmj 115gr rounds later, I had not one issue. One observation I made while cleaning it later, I don't know what kind of steel the barrel is made of, but its tinny, it rings like aluminum or titanium. It is ferrous, but it doesn't feel or sound like any other pistol barrel I've handled. Soon as I get a day off I will try to put some more food in it. Hopefully it likes federal bulk, cuz its the vast majority of my 9mm stock.

invent11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Fishers
    Absolute piece of crap- I fired one with a friend and it jammed right out of the box - you get what you pay for. My money goes to the sig p238 or p938.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Shot an additional 2 magazines of fiocchi, and 5 magazines of federal 115gr bulk, and 1 magazine of federal hollow points. Not one issue with the gun doing its job. Me doing mine on the other hand. Man that thing has got one hell of a spring on it. You have to be extremely forceful when pulling back the slide, or the round will not chamber correctly. No issues with function under recoil yet. EVERY time I have pulled the trigger SO FAR, its functioned perfectly. Only up to 70 rounds though. Its a very accurate pistol for its size, I was hitting 6" targets from 10yds every time I did it right. Even when I leaned in and dumped a couple mags, they were all in a full torso. Trigger pull is long, but smooth.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Shot mine recently and it doesn't like Federal HST. The hollow point is very large and it tends to nose dive into the ramp. I'm going to do some work and see if I can solve the issue. Still 100% with FMJ though

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I believe you will like the CM9. Still a tad big for pocket carry for me but I can and do. For all day carry comfort I compromise and just pocket carry a LCP.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I shot a DB9 last year and hated it.
    Recoil was ridiculous and the thin grip felt like I was holding a bunch of steak knives.
    There are a lot better choices out there.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I have owned a couple of DB9s primarily because they can be truly concealed without much issue in the front pocket. The trigger is good compared to most other pocket pistols. It has no external safeties to worry about or magazine disconnect. My initial firearm was purchased when the pistol was first introduced in 2011. I had problems with the assembly pins backing out of the guns and with failures to feed. The feeding ramp was polished and that took care of the FTF. Eventually Diamondback replaced the smooth assembly pins with knurled pins and added another pin on their newer models which took care of that problem. This gun is my daily carry. I have put hundreds of rounds through it and consider it reliable. It is not a range gun. The slide does not lock back and it is not rated for +P which I want not want to shoot in it anyway. For me, it is a gun that works and that I can carry with me at all times. You tend to use the gun you have with you. I have done several video reviews on the DB9 and I will link the in this message. The last review shows me putting 200 rounds through the pistol in one session without any failures after all the repairs have been done. My DB9 which I purchased last month because my other was stolen in a burglary has not had any problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goTbzxwbq60&list=PLxgK1EKToOtRwlMECIxbwy4m2ySs_AI6R&index=21
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okj9_MIaYJ4&index=20&list=PLxgK1EKToOtRwlMECIxbwy4m2ySs_AI6R
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIJoZToBIuk&index=19&list=PLxgK1EKToOtRwlMECIxbwy4m2ySs_AI6R

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    I have owned a couple of DB9s primarily because they can be truly concealed without much issue in the front pocket. The trigger is good compared to most other pocket pistols. It has no external safeties to worry about or magazine disconnect. My initial firearm was purchased when the pistol was first introduced in 2011. I had problems with the assembly pins backing out of the guns and with failures to feed. The feeding ramp was polished and that took care of the FTF. Eventually Diamondback replaced the smooth assembly pins with knurled pins and added another pin on their newer models which took care of that problem. This gun is my daily carry. I have put hundreds of rounds through it and consider it reliable. It is not a range gun. The slide does not lock back and it is not rated for +P which I want not want to shoot in it anyway. For me, it is a gun that works and that I can carry with me at all times. You tend to use the gun you have with you. I have done several video reviews on the DB9 and I will link the in this message. The last review shows me putting 200 rounds through the pistol in one session without any failures after all the repairs have been done. My DB9 which I purchased last month because my other was stolen in a burglary has not had any problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goTbzxwbq60&list=PLxgK1EKToOtRwlMECIxbwy4m2ySs_AI6R&index=21
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okj9_MIaYJ4&index=20&list=PLxgK1EKToOtRwlMECIxbwy4m2ySs_AI6R
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIJoZToBIuk&index=19&list=PLxgK1EKToOtRwlMECIxbwy4m2ySs_AI6R

so are the ones you buy now have the knurled pins? I had to polish the feed ramp on my keltec pf11 and it runs any ammo i put in it just fine. im still thinking of picking one of these up

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    so are the ones you buy now have the knurled pins? I had to polish the feed ramp on my keltec pf11 and it runs any ammo i put in it just fine. im still thinking of picking one of these up

Yes. All the new ones for the last several years have the new knurled pins and an additional pin as well.

Top Bottom