• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This is straight from the horse's a**, er I mean mouth.

"If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ’em all in — I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here."

[video=youtube;ffI-tWh37UY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY[/video]

Beat me to it.
    We don't need to make up quotes or take them out of context when we have plenty of in context quotes of her on camera, totally unable to deny that she said them.
    And who could forget how her even more obnoxious colleague, Babs Boxer, actually scolded a uniformed general who was in front of her committee for some reason for answering her questions, addressing her with a term that she deemed impolite?: "Ma'am."
    I kid you not.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    After reading the columnist quote at the end, I was suspicious right away. I thought "There's no way a piece like that would be published in the LA Times" and I was right. I'd love to see Feinstein's party relegated to permanent minority status, but people were saying that about Repubs a few years ago, and we see how that worked out.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'd like to think my response would have been, "Well, MA'AM, as I see it, you have a choice of "Ma'am", or "Sir". Which would you prefer?"

Of course, since she's from CA, the likely answer would be something like "Xir"

ETA: I suppose the problem might be that "Ma'am" is a shortened form of "Madam", and maybe Mrs. Boxer doesn't want to be confused with Xaviera Hollander (who for many years, penned the Penthouse column "Call me Madam".)

...what?

Hey, don't judge me. I was young once.

This is the same woman who went off on an Army general officer for calling her "ma'am" instead of "senator" during a committee hearing:

Sen. Boxer to officer: Don't call me ma'am - Washington Times

Edited to add: Well, I jacked that one up. It was Feinstein's buddy, Barabara Boxer.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    According to Facebook.

Hmmm....OK. You want the job?

Maybe he's being too dismissive, but it's also true that Snopes has recently been caught being less than accurate on several contentious issues, whether intentionally or not.
    The best way to go would be to use multiple sources.
    You wouldn't go to Sean Hannity for confirmation that Obama was the greatest president ever, and you wouldn't go to MSDNC for confirmation that Trump is the next Abraham Lincoln.

Top Bottom