Did BATFE just make it illegal to mfg mags over 10 rounds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    On a Saturday? You overestimate bureaucrats' work ethic.
    Maybe but If I remember an important bill was ran through on thanksgiving and NYears day NDAA or something like that. I'd have to check details as my memory ain't whut it wus 60 yrs ago.
    I won't underestimate the cunning and back stabbing politicians at all. They should be under constant surveilance

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    BATF cannot pass laws, although sometimes they reinterpret them. Laws can only be passed by congress, it will have a bill number, be voted on, and be all over the net with information you can check out yourself on actual legislation pages. Anything like this is fabrication or wishful thinking on a sellers part. Next time someone tries to pull the wool over your eyes, ask them what is the bill number? Was it introduced in the house or senate?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    BATF cannot pass laws, although sometimes they reinterpret them. Laws can only be passed by congress, it will have a bill number, be voted on, and be all over the net with information you can check out yourself on actual legislation pages. Anything like this is fabrication or wishful thinking on a sellers part. Next time someone tries to pull the wool over your eyes, ask them what is the bill number? Was it introduced in the house or senate?

Like the bill that was voted on and passed that requires border state gun shops to record and report multiple gun purchases?

Oh wait...there wasn't any bill.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    First heard on Friday from a person who was laid off from a company that made parts for AR magazines. Cannot find good corroborative sources on the net, thought someone might have heard something.

Oh, not a new law. Federal agencies can make rulings, create guidelines, create regulations that interpret current legislation.

Just do not know that this is fact or fiction. Sounded a bit "hokey" so wanted to run it through a few filters. Nothing on NRA.ORG.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I was in a gun shop last Tuesday in Lafayette and the jokers behind the counter were trying to spread the same rumor... buy a pistol today because it'll be banned as of Jan 1st and if you have your paperwork mailed in by then you can get your ltch before that also gets taken away on the 1st... idiots. I won't be doing business there again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was in a gun shop last Tuesday in Lafayette and the jokers behind the counter were trying to spread the same rumor... buy a pistol today because it'll be banned as of Jan 1st and if you have your paperwork mailed in by then you can get your ltch before that also gets taken away on the 1st... idiots. I won't be doing business there again.

Hmm... Haley's?

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Be cautious of anyone trying to persuade you with these types of rumors. They are merely attmepting to take advantage of the "frenzy". Sounds like just another rumor.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    A good rule of thumb in life is that when you hear information from a neutral source (someone you just met or don't know well) and the information can result in behavior by you that benefits them, financially, put all decisions on hold. Even if they are in a position of authority or seemingly an expert in their field. Leave and do your research, confirm or disprove. And especially do this when you are doing dealing with someone with more expertise than you...mechanic, gun dealer, doctor (second opinion), plumber, etc. In the age of the internet, there's no excuse for a person not doing incredibly competent due diligence which is exactly what you are doing right now...kudos.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Congress can pass laws with blanks that the cabinet and agencies fill in later. Fee after fee is coming out of ObamaCare that we had no idea about. Reg after reg after compliance hurdle...

Top Bottom