• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I think I have finally mastered the take down and reassembly of my Ruger MKIII 22/45. This is the first time since i bought it in November that I took it down, cleaned it, and reassembled without a single problem. every other time something didn't go perfect and i had to go back and do this or that, always something. So I'm claiming mastery of this gun, until next time :rockwoot:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Congratulations!!!!! You have joined the club. Now you will be taking it apart and putting it back together all the time just for something to do. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that hard. It is even easier if you do the magazine disconnect mod.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Take it down to every minute part and then put it together. None of that subassembly stuff, down to every little part man.

It's a more fun club ;)

I joined it when an OCD bud tore down his new MK2. Little tricky at one point.

Did some 22/45's at my bud's shop.........they can be a bit tougher even with just the reg mainspring housing in and out.

Short struts make for slight technique change (compared to what you did before). No biggie, just gotta keep it oriented to catch almost to full insertion.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I used to own a Mk II NRA 50th edition pistol...

Now I own a Mk II 22/45...

I downloaded a Ruger manual an had it printed off. I follow those instructions EVERY time I bother to disassemble / reassemble.

The more that I do it, the more I'm inclined to purchase one of the speed strip kits and install it.

-J-

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Here's another good video....This is what I watched the very first time I stripped a MKIII down a few years ago. I can have it apart, cleaned and put back together in about 5 mins. Don't let the fear of taking these apart keep you from owning one of these awesome pistols!!!!http://youtu.be/nYHJm2P4kP0

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'd love to use the speedstrip kit, but don't want to go that way since I don't have a stainless barrel to match it. Instead, I use a bore snake after most sessions and the proper field strip less often.

The gun is fun, highly customizable, and a great shooter, but the hassles over the field strip are easily its weak point.

Top Bottom