Did I ever eff up at the range today......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Have you ever thought, "It will be fine. Nothing can go wrong. It's just a little, one time thing." Then every voice in your head is screaming DON'T DO IT!!! YOU'LL HATE YOURSELF!

Well that happened today. My 10 year old son and I were at the range doing some "homeschool research" on shotgun patterns. We were almost done and I decided to put a few rounds down range with my AR. You know the kind that had that nifty adjustable stock........that can go short enough that a small 10 year old boy can shoulder it and it feels "really good Dad."

So when the really loud muzzle blast didn't scare him away, I loaded one round in the mag and let him try it.
    The smile was ear to ear. "Oh dad, that's FUN!" So a few more single shot mags and he was loading them and having a blast.

I grabbed a large McDonalds cup I found in the trash, filled it with dirt and put it at the 50 yd backstop. Any guesses what happened? Yeah. First shot exploded it. Second and third shots kept it bouncing. After the 10 rounds were expended, he said "Dad, this is my new favorite gun of all time." Then once he found out I have a stripped lower and you can build em' like Legos, he was even more ecstatic.

So yeah. I see a large departure of funds in the near future for parts and ammo.

So I effed up and got my boy hooked on AR's. Well I guess it's not all bad........ and it's only money.

View attachment 141761

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I effed up at the open house. I put @Haven's Rough Rider into my 15yo's hands. I had to pry it out of them because he didnt want to give it back. Now he wants one.

And I'm having trouble saying no. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Better hooked on AR's than drugs.
    I lucked out yesterday. Both kids tried my AR for the first time. Neither was a fan, even though I challenged them to ring an 8x10 plate at 150 yards and they both smacked it. They thought it was cool but chose to stick with their 22s.

Top Bottom