Did Intratec ever make a drum magazine for the DC 9/TEC 9?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    So I have a weird collection of firearms and in it consists an Intratec DC9. I have the pistol, 6 32rd mags, thread on factory muzzle brake, factory barrel extension, factory assault grip (going to AOW this pistol and grip is at a friends house), factory case and manual. I still need to collect a few factory 50rd stick mags (which I can't seem to find), but I swear that Intratec made a drum mag for this gun at one point in time. I know people used to make a drum using a Suomi 72rd drum but I want a factory one if they made it. Anyone ever see one in the wild?

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Wow, don't know the answer to that. I sent mine back when it wouldn't feed anything. That was by far the junkiest gun I ever bought. Does yours work?

I sent mine to a gunsmith and he worked the head spacing and now it runs like a sewing machine. No problems at all. It's just an odd collectable to me since it is hated by so many people. My goal is to collect every factory part so I have a complete system.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Never seen a drum for one, just the original mag(s) and the aftermarket fifty rounders. I too, have one, brand new in the safe, factory case, manual, five factory mags and a screw on cone flash suppressor.

Guess I keep it for the badass look. Maybe a neat car gun.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I have the mini tec9(shorter barrel) bought new years ago, have not shot it in 20 years, had to buy a rebuild kit to get it to work right, have never seen a drum for it.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I had one forever ago when i was stationed in alaska. Bought it from a commercial fisherman.....got what junk. it ran ok but was picky as all hell on mags and ammo. it liked cheap ammo. feed it decent left over nato 9mm and it ran like complete crap. i never saw a drum mag....i remember scouring cheaper than dirt, midway, brownells, and a few others for all different kinds/types of mags to find a certain mag that was more reliable. never did. would always have an issue every 3rd of a 32 round mag. but the 10 rounder seemed to work the best. Try numrich gunpartscorp.com they have all kinds of left over stuff for odd ball weapons.

Top Bottom