• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I've been part of INGO for several years but mostly for the guns and outdoors stuff. Forgive me if some of my comments/questions in the political department are redundant. I have very conservative values and have recently enjoyed expressing them here. I've never subscribed to facebook, twitter, or any other social media outlets so let's say I might lead a somewhat "sheltered" life. My wife says INGO is my facebook.

I would consider INGO to be a mostly conservative population. my question is this...do you think Obama ever received the kind of criticism from democrats that Trump gets here from conservatives? I have criticized Trump and other Republicans as do many others. It seems to me the left are masters at blindly following the establishment no matter what.

I am of the opinion it is "right" to think as an individual but it sure seems like a losing battle against a mob society.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Of course they did. It's part of the "us vs them" BS that they are monolithic.

"The Droner in Chief" was a common complaint, especially once used against aUS citizen abroad.

THE president who won the Nobel Peace Prize less than nine months after his inauguration has turned out to be one of the most militarily aggressive American leaders in decades.

didn't sit well with a lot of folks who voted for him on the promise to scale back and end foreign wars.

Also the "Deporter in Chief"

President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief."Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
    How does he compare to other presidents?

According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
    In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century.

Then, of course there was considerable clash between the Clintons and Obama until it was clear Hillary and Bill had to wash his feet and apologize if they didn't want to be marginalized and watch the Clinton Machine collapse.

And a host of other things he wasn't "left" enough on.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Trump just plays a conservative on TV, Obama was criticized for his militarism and civil liberty issues by some but it's the same game. People blindly refuse to criticize 'their guy' or deflect with criticism of the other team.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Of course he did...you talking 'bout the liberal talking heads? They criticized him for not being liberal enough, "talking down to black folk" (eg. Jesse Jackson - "I wanna cut his nuts off!"), "trying too hard to work with Republicans on the budget," etc., etc., etc.

But they rarely if ever criticized him for the qualitative aspects of his original (meaning instituted by him) positions. Mostly quantitative stuff; matters of degree. They nerfed about the administrative aspect of how he maintained US government positions which pre-dated his administration, how he didn't break with the past sufficiently enough.

But his own, organic policy proposals, meaning things which originated with his tenure? Pure adulation...interspersed with the aforementioned disappointment about him not doing enough of it.

So to answer your question...no. Obama never received anything like the type of internal, qualitative criticism of his original-thought positions that Trump is receiving now.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom