Did Ruger discontinue the Bisley Vaquero w/ 4-5/8" barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    I was out looking around and I can not seem to find a mate to my Ruger. I always wanted a pair of Bisley Vaqueros in 45LC. I picked up the first one in stainless back in '99 with a 4-5/8" barrel, and figured I would pick up another sometime. Did not figure that Ruger would discontinue... but I can not seem to find the shorter barrel in the new Vaqueros. :(

Does anybody know what happened or why Ruger dropped the 4-5/8" barrel. They only show the 5-1/2" barrel in the catalog.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The 4-5/8 SS Bisley was a special run, if i remember correctly, either a Ruger run or Davidsons. They pop up now and again, but are sledom cataloged or listed at Rugers site. Surfing gunbroker or ruger forums will find you the gun quick.

You can get the SS Vaquero (non-bisley grip) in 4-5/8" or 5-1/2", or click on the Distributor Special, Davidsons has a BLUED Vaquero, Bisley grip, in 4-5/8 barrel.

Best of luck.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Also, that new Ruger Vaquero is smaller than the old model you have, so even if you did find a mate, it won't be exactly the same. I think you're out of luck unless you find someone with an old Vaquero Bisley with a 4-5/8" barrel willing to part with it. Good luck on that.

FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    Thanks for the notes... I am patient - so I will keep feelers out and keep looking... Someday it will show up - or someone will want mine bad enough for me to let go of...

:draw:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom