• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Westfield stuck with the primary election results earlier in the year so nothing to vote on here. Wish I would have remembered that before pulling up to the polling station... For the record, I think and wish they would have ran elections. I've learned some things about some of our local officals that may have had me pulling different levers. And I want stickers for the kids!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I voted. I postponed a business trip by 24 hours so I could vote. Actually, 26... My alarm failed to go off. Well, when I woke up at 7:30, the iphone screen SAID it was making noise, but nothing was coming out of the speakers.

That was a bit of luck for me... After taking exactly 2 minutes to vote from the time I hit the doors to the time I left (yes, they were THAT dead and THAT efficient) I headed to our new location in Bowling Green to work. On the drive the radio host mentioned it was a good idea I overslept. If I had heard the alarm at 5:30, I would have been disappointed; the voter rolls were not at my voting site at 6am like they were supposed to be.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I voted a part of my civic duty. The mayoral election here is critical as we are crawling out of debt as a city due to past administrations. Plus, keeping a civics lesson aside, I vote out of pride and respect given to all who have sacrificed so we have this freedom. :patriot:

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I voted. I always vote. 15% turnout is bothersome to me. Consider what little effort it would take to organize enough voters to have a major impact on the turnout. Empathy could very well deliver us into a situation that we don't want.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Yup..I did. At 11 PM I was the 138th voter to put a ballet in the machine. That was kind of sad...only 138...there are more houses than that in my subdivision.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I didn't vote yesterday.........because I live outside of city limits and there were zero active races in my rural township.

This. I looked, but I had no races in which I was eligible to vote. I'm not thoroughly disappointed, but I do wish we could go to the polls and weigh in on how we think the candidates already elected previously are doing in the jobs for which we hired them.

At least two current officeholders would be out on their backsides if I had my say. Of course, every once in a while, I toy with the idea of the People casting overwhelming ballot numbers for "none of the above", and leaving some offices vacant for a term or two. Somehow, I think we as a people would find out just how few of those offices actually need to be occupied.

Blessings,
    Bill

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Wow, and I thought our voter turnout was embarrassing because it was 30-some %! I'm not pleased at all with the outcome of our election, but I can at least say I voted and tried to make a difference.

ZenMaster

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I didnt vote. I dont vote. And the whole "if you dont vote you cant complain" idea is one of those sayings that doesnt really make any sense. Its a lot more accurate to say something like "if you dont believe in voting, but arent doing anything that offers or promotes a realistic alternative, then you cant complain"...

But, really, complaining about anything is for babies. And voting is for suckers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didnt vote. I dont vote. And the whole "if you dont vote you cant complain" idea is one of those sayings that doesnt really make any sense. Its a lot more accurate to say something like "if you dont believe in voting, but arent doing anything that offers or promotes a realistic alternative, then you cant complain"...

But, really, complaining about anything is for babies. And voting is for suckers.

Then you need to stand back and watch.

I am no sucker sir. Not in the least.

Nor am I a baby.

ZenMaster

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Its interesting how often I hear things like "the country is in the toilet" or something similar. My life has gotten better every single year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its interesting how often I hear things like "the country is in the toilet" or something similar. My life has gotten better every single year.

I do not gauge this on my life alone. My life is what I make it to be.
    The state of the republic sir. That is what is at stake here.
    To vote or not is of course you right/choice. I will defend that choice but it sounds like you will not defend mine.
    I am a baby and a sucker you know.

ZenMaster

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Further, ideas such as "country" are holding humanity back. We dont need people we've never met stealing money from our paychecks to tell us what to do.

Top Bottom