• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I have started using my new Dillon 650. I am reloading .45 ACP right now. Everything with the press is going very well. It has made reloading fun again. I am having an issue with the primer pickup tube. I am using the one with the green tip, for large pistol primers. It worked fine the first few times. Now, I get about 6-7 primers in it, and the first one in seems to get stuck. It is impossible to get anymore in. I take the green tip off and get all but the first one to fall out. The one that is stuck , is stuck so bad that the only way I have successfully gotten it out is to use a dowel rod and bang it out of there with a good bit of force. I really don't want to do that anymore. I looked through the tube and it is clean on the inside with no obstructions. It is also straight.

Has anyone else else experienced this? Any thoughts on a fix, or just replace it?

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Are you sure the tip is fully seated on the rod? I've had them hang up going into the tube if there was room for them to get sideways between the tip and tube. Do you just have the one pickup tube?

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Are you sure the tip is fully seated on the rod? I've had them hang up going into the tube if there was room for them to get sideways between the tip and tube. Do you just have the one pickup tube?

The tip is fully seated. I do only have this one pickup tube right now. I will be ordering four of them tonight though.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have ten tubes of each size. I use a vibra-prime to load 1,000 at a time in the tubes and then load up and box them in less than two hours. Hornady also has the vibrating primer tube filler with a lexan shield for extra protection. I went to Autozone and bought rubber carburetor vacuum caps to put over the end of the tube after filling the primer tube. You no longer need the blue or yellow tips on them and they are hard to get on and off. The rubber vacuum caps are too long so I cut part of the length off of them (probably about 30-40% cut off).

I lay the full tubes to the right of the press and when I empty the tube in the press I put it on the left side. When loading .40 S&W I can really get with it because I have a case and bullet feeder.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    It's not the tube. It's the primers. They are out of round. I've had the same thing happen several times. I just pitch the primer that clogs up the rest and move on.

Top Bottom