• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Over the Labor Day Weekend, I was waiting for some bullets to show up so I ended up going through and cleaning everything I could find in my reloading room.

I thought it was time for a good disassembly, clean and re-lubrication of the XL650, so I fired up the two Dillon YouTube videos for the cleaning and the lubrication of the XL650 that I have used in the past.

After going through this routine a couple of times, I pretty much have it memorized, but thought I would go ahead and type up the process and insert some images along with some things that I do that are not in the videos. I got out my camera, and took a crap ton of pictures as I went along, then added arrows and text information to each one before embedding them into the document.

I ended up creating a 12-page document with instructions and pictures that I have printed out, placed into plastic sheet protectors, and have inserted into my reloading binder. I then added the 10 pages of exploded diagrams from the Dillon manual to the end.

I'm willing to share, but not sure how to make it available without a site to host it, so if anyone is interested in a copy, PM me with your email address, and I will send it along. I have converted it to PDF for sharing.

Here is a quick snapshot from my phone on what a couple of the pages look like:

w1hu9Kk.jpg

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nice! I just unboxed and mounted my new XL650 along with a RCBS Turret press. Really looking forward to the hand loading season this winter.

Top Bottom