• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    Got the TCP Taurus PT 738, about a week ago, brand new from the store but never had chance to test at the range until today.

as usually i had like 3 different brands of ammo to test performance all worked fine, but once i was about 75 rounds the pin from the top pop out and no more fun and unable to fire any more.

I know what the problem is, but it is disappointing that i have to send my gun for 3 weeks to repair free of charge at Taurus for a little spring, but the point is that bummer when you can not even enjoy the first time you try out the gun.

i have some guns that after 6 years and several rounds broke down, normal wear and tear, but this new toy broke the first time i play with it.

does anybody had same problem?

i would like to know if is common occurrence or just coincidence

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well, it looks like a nice lookin gun anyway.
    It's a total let down for this to happen. I've had it happen to me - I won't mention the gun cause it still hurts to talk about it.

W7215_SI_Taurus738_1767CLIP.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That sucks, sorry to hear about your disappointment the first time out.
    Taurus firearms gets plenty of mixed reviews. I own Taurus guns and have several close friends that own many as well. We have all been very pleased with them. Mine have all been 100% reliable and a pleasure to shoot. I hope this will be your only negative experience with them.

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    Are you taking about the take down pin? If so, I had the EXACT same thing happen with my wife's Pink TCP. I took it back to the shop where I bought it, they shipped it back to Taurus for me. I had it back withink 2 weeks, and no problems since.

Top Bottom