District 5 Congressional Race Is Already On!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why would conservatives be so willing to give the administration they did not vote for and do not trust the ability to listen in on your phone calls, read your text messages and emails, target political opponents and indefinitely detain you without due process. Republicans have to have a consistent message. Mine is clear. The Bill of Rights was never meant to be a suggestion!

The PATRIOT Act that started all of this crap was passed on Bush's watch, and with the full support and unanimous approval (1 "No", and 1 "no vote", both Dems), of the sitting Republicans in the Senate. In 2006, it was reauthorized 89-11, with every "no" vote being a Dem.

In the House, it was almost the same, with only 3 "No's" from the Republicans in 2001, and only 13 in 2006.

I think Mr. Stockton should pay closer attention to what his own party is doing before laying the blame at the feet of the other guys.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The PATRIOT Act that started all of this crap was passed on Bush's watch, and with the full support and unanimous approval (1 "No", and 1 "no vote", both Dems), of the sitting Republicans in the Senate. In 2006, it was reauthorized 89-11, with every "no" vote being a Dem.

In the House, it was almost the same, with only 3 "No's" from the Republicans in 2001, and only 13 in 2006.

I think Mr. Stockton should pay closer attention to what his own party is doing before laying the blame at the feet of the other guys.
    Then let him know that on his Facebook page. For what it's worth, I agree with you.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Then let him know that on his Facebook page. For what it's worth, I agree with you.

I don't use Facebook, but I'll be happy to call his office.

Anyone who thinks the Repubs are "the good guys" hasn't been paying attention. R's and D's are two sides of the same coin. Here's a tidbit from a story today about how NJ is readying a new law that will allow police to search cell phones without a warrant at the scene of an accident:

"Think about it: The chances of the cop witnessing the accident are slim to none," said the bill’s sponsor, state Sen. James Holzapfel (R-Ocean), the bill’s sponsor, who has worked as a county and municipal prosecutor. "He’s dispatched, and by the time he gets there — unless they’re unconscious and the phone is in their hands, or some passenger says they were on the phone — then he’s got to do what? Subpoena the service to see if the phone was actively used or not?"

Yes, My. Holzapfel, that's exactly what they've got to do. That's specifically and categorically what the 4th Amendment is meant to protect against. "Probable Cause" is NOT the same as "Due Process", regardless of how much you would like it to be.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, I posted essentially the same commentary on his Facebook post and he agreed with us. Maybe he didn't initially say it, but he holds them as responsible as the current admin.

rherron9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    If anyone is close and interested Mr Stockdale will be speaking in Tipton tomorrow at the Tipton County Foundation Building at 7pm. The address is 1020 West Jefferson St, Tipton, IN 46072. I'll be there

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So far he's saying all the right things to garner votes. Now the only question is will the people in the 5th support him against the incumbent republicrat?

David Stockdale for Congress

Our government has run up an astronomical debt, slowly eroded our civil liberties, devalued the dollar, destroyed the economy, armed Mexican drug cartels and Syrian rebels sympathetic to Al Qaeda while simultaneously attempted to disarm Americans, spied on its citizens, targeted political opponents, and refuses to work on real solutions. It is time for change. It is time to reign in government spending, reduce the size of government and its bloated bureaucracy, end the devaluation of our dollar through quantitative easing and flawed monetary policy, cut the corporate tax rate which is the highest in the World, take back our civil liberties and privacy, and start the hard work it will take to reform our entitlement programs and tax code.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Most likely not. The state tried that with our Republican Senator and now we have Joe.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Excellent quote from Rep. Labrador of Idaho on the Senate's immigration bill:
    “We don’t have to do this for political reasons. . . . If we start pandering and giving out goodies to people, then we’re going to get into a bidding war with the Democratic party. And if we get into a bidding war, we always lose, because the Democrats are always more willing to give goodies to certain groups than we are.”

The Republicans need to start looking at everyone as individuals and not potential voting blocs. Not all Latinos wander around mindlessly with the same uniform ideas, beliefs, and ideology. Surprise! They are individuals just like you or me with careers, differing religious beliefs, and have varying opinions on the political debates that divide us as a nation. We fail to connect when we just approach them as a group that will naively follow the lead of the highest bidder.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Politicians often pander to young voters but never really listen to the issues that most concern them. Our campaign seeks to be different. Please join us at this event. We want to hear from as many young voters as possible.

Youth Roundtable
    July 6th
    Discussing the issues that most concern young voters age 18-25.
    C.R. Heroes
    10570 E. 96th St.
    Fishers, IN 46037
    1:00-2:30

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mr. Stockdale is having a fundraiser. If you're a golfer and would like a day out on the links here's your chance. You'll also be helping to unseat a weak republican candidate.

[h=5]David Stockdale for Congress
    [/h][h=5]Don't forget to RSVP for the golf outing on September 14th at Saddlebrook Golf Course in Indianapolis. Hope to see you there!

$75 per player includes food ticket, driving range, and round of golf with cart. Prizes for closest to the pin, best score, etc.......
    Please RSVP ASAP.
    Send check payable to:
    Stockdale For Congress
    9801 Fall Creek Rd. #250
    Indianapolis, IN 46256-4802

Or pay by PayPal at www.restoreyourliberty.com

[/h]

David Stockdale For Congress

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    [h=5]David Stockdale for Congress
    [/h][h=5]Sec. Kerry just stated that Assad must go and he cannot be a part of Syria's future. He also stated that President Obama has decided to help and arm the rebels. This so called "limited strike" is the beginning of regime change and step one of that plan. The policy of "regime change" brought us perpetual violence and instability in Egypt, the Ayatollah's in Iran, a more radical and unstable Iraq, anarchy in Libya, and a United States approaching bankruptcy. Assad is currently placing civilians around all valuable targets and has had way too much time to prepare for the impending strikes. Next time maybe we should go to Congress first before wasting valuable time asking the United Nations for permission to act. Congress should vote NO! This will only embolden Assad and Iran and endanger Israel. It will put the United States in the middle of a civil war where we have to choose between Assad and Al Qaeda supported rebels.

[/h]
    No doubt Susan Brooks will be voting with Mr. McCain and the party line. This is the kind of candidate Indiana needs.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    And the votes from that office haven't changed much, Lugar was a big Givernment RINO and Donnely is a big Givernment Dem.

I do take Donnelly as a net improvement, better a known enemy than a backstabbing false friend. Unfortunately, our Miss Brooks is impressing me as being cut from the Lugar cloth.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mr. Stockdale had an interview with Abdul Hakim-Shabazz recently and it's now on Youtube. Audio only, but well worth the listen if you're in the 5th District.

[video=youtube_share;hfpOcgMhqLc]http://youtu.be/hfpOcgMhqLc[/video]

Top Bottom