• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just skimmed to get here... but I can flatly state that I don't like any reading of the Constitution that grants rights to anyone.

A lot of people in this thread would do well to realize this.

It has nothing to do with God-given, or being given rights, or any of this. It is a contract with the people that the government will respect these rights and uphold them, FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING GOVERNED.

The esoteric concept of what rights are and where they come from are ultimately irrelevant to the discussion in every single capacity.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And what happens when the government decides you're the one that's illegal?
    We are already there MC. Think about where we are now. Got a Gadsden Flag? Speak out at a school board meeting? Question vaccine mandates?

An Obama appointed federal judge who came out of the Chicago machine? This is someone who would disarm every 2A supporter because we are the scum of the Earth and would say (probably after a couple glasses of Merlot and not recognizing James O'Keefe) the true Americans are the illegal aliens.

Fast and Furious didn't work out the way B Hussein O, Eric Holder, et al had hoped. Is this different?

Trying to give the rights to those here illegally, while trying to take the same rights from those here lawfully. More red flags here than at a communist pride parade.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    A lot of people in this thread would do well to realize this.

It has nothing to do with God-given, or being given rights, or any of this. It is a contract with the people that the government will respect these rights and uphold them, FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING GOVERNED.

The esoteric concept of what rights are and where they come from are ultimately irrelevant to the discussion in every single capacity.

The text of the Constitution itself settles this and needs no further comment.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    “The noncitizen possession statute, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(5), violates the Second Amendment as applied to Carbajal-Flores. Thus, the Court grants Carbajal-Flores’ motion to dismiss.”

As a common American-citizen-working-stiff who sometimes makes deliveries in Illinois and Chicago, I wonder if the same courtesy listed above, would be afforded to me were I to be caught with a handgun in Illinois?

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    “The noncitizen possession statute, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(5), violates the Second Amendment as applied to Carbajal-Flores. Thus, the Court grants Carbajal-Flores’ motion to dismiss.”

As a common American-citizen-working-stiff who sometimes makes deliveries in Illinois and Chicago, I wonder if the same courtesy listed above, would be afforded to me were I to be caught with a handgun in Illinois?

Well considering that you're a
    US citizen, no. You wouldn't have been charged in the first place. I have no idea, did he get charged with any state level crimes?

I don’t have the quote in front of me right now, but a federal judge in the past said (paraphrase): “The constitution is not an agreement with the world. It protects American citizens.”
    Don't have the quote in front of me either, but to paraphrase. The right to bear arms isn't granted by the Constitution, and neither is it dependent on it for it's existence. SCOTUS chief justice.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I would like to see a video of an illegal receiving a debit card from NYC and asking the person handing them out, "Can I use this to buy firearms, or just ammo?" :stickpoke:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    If this is true I guess I we all no longer need to follow federal or state firearms laws because we officially live in a lawless land.

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024

On one hand I can see the argument he makes, similar to Trump's claim for the 14th - that he was never convicted of insurrection so it doesn't apply.

However, he is still an illegal which is a federal crime and he could/should have been convicted for it (if the administration would enforce the laws on the books).
    If they are illegal they shouldn’t be eligible for US citizen rights end of story (plus what you said about them ILLEGALLY crossing) you can fr never know 100% they’ve done in their past

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In my house with permission, you have the benefit of my hospitality and the goods and protections that I openly provide.

In my house without permission, you are a criminal invader and will be subject to any actions I make to protect who and what belongs to me. No hospitality is guaranteed.

Top Bottom