• ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A little better explanation of the process here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDf5CNHXO0s&feature=related]YouTube - a camouflage paint stock[/ame]

I an thinking the cat will look good in digital

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I'd be interested to see how well that works. The company I work for bought one of those full sized machines from Immersion graphics and tried to make it work repeatably for us. Never could get good consistent results. Seams there was always something you had to touch up. They ended up moth balling the thing. I think its still sitting around here somewhere in a warehouse.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    There was a guy at one of the 1500s a year or two ago that had some of the guns he had completed using this method. They looked pretty good and the price seemed reasonable. Don't know how durable it is but it is interesting. Seems as if the guy was from Southern Indiana somewhere.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Have seen an advertisement sign around in Corydon for someone doing this ..can't remember the name ...I will have to check next time Im over by the Wally world in corydon .

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Those things are awesome! If you ever see the wood grain up close you will crap! I kinda joked about trying to get an entire AR done in wood grain... It would look like a big stick! I know a guy with a full blown machine, he sprays clear over it and he says it's pretty tough. I heard about people maybe using ceracoat as the clear giving it a bit tougher finish vs the various chemicals we clean rifles with. Anyone done this?

booter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    there is a short and simple video on the Camo Dip Kit homepage that helps explain it...

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    The Dipper in Ft Wayne (name escapes me) Had some beautiful samples a few gun shows ago. After dipping they apply 2 coats of automotive clear, Gloss or Matt finish. I recall his price was under $100.00 for a long gun.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have to admit, there is part of me that really digs wooden furniture on an AR

28814.JPG

Top Bottom