• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Have 50 acres of woods- owned for 30 + years- DNR have been walking around when I'm not there, walked up on my son in his deer stand opening morning. Ask for normal info. This has happened 2 years in a row. Both times to someone on my property. How is it these guys can stroll around on private property with no cause? I have never seen them or I would probably be in court right now. Someone have an answer. :patriot:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If it was DNR Po-Po, I think they can do just about anything they want. Even arrest the POTUS.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    The DNR is a LEO so they still have to follow the rules. They would need probable cause to come on your property or have a warrant.

Scout11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    They have been in my cabin with out me there- walked through my property. Not that they are causing trouble- just seem to like my property once a year. Know a DNR officer- asked him how they can do this- he said because we can.. Use to be a nice guy before the he got the badge. cocky-bstrd.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The Conservation Officers can pretty much go wherever they want, no warrant needed. Luckily there aren't that mamy of them and they tend to have better things to do than cause trouble.

"Investigating hunting, fishing and poaching" pretty much. I don't have the regs handy (as I don't hunt) but if they suspect you of hunting (even on private property) they can ask for all your info. If you are just walking around armed, you tell them to pound sand... if they can't articulate why they think you are hunting.

Most states give these wildlife officers a vast amount of power and the ability to trespass almost at will.

Back in the day you had to get a license to hunt because all the animals in teh forest belonged to the King.

Today we need a license to hunt on private property... why? Public land? Yes I can see that, as it is public... but private? Why should I have to get permission and pay tribute to the oligarchy to hunt on my own land? Friggin tyrannical if you ask me.

Slaves. Todays hunters are slaves asking permission from their masters to hunt on "their" land.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Have 50 acres of woods- owned for 30 + years- DNR have been walking around when I'm not there, walked up on my son in his deer stand opening morning. Ask for normal info. This has happened 2 years in a row. Both times to someone on my property. How is it these guys can stroll around on private property with no cause? I have never seen them or I would probably be in court right now. Someone have an answer. :patriot:

If you know they are doing it and who is doing it, why haven't you told them to get off and stay off?

Then if they can do it you'll find out pretty quick how.

Scout11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    they seem to see everyone but me- my son is 12 years old- first year deer hunting- these guys walked up on him opening morning- he told them I was in a stand over the ridge- two DNR guys walk up on a 12 year old with no orange on- asked him for his license- scared the **** out of him- they didn't even bother to come over to me- Rights we have are none on our own land...your right- I will find out what the law is when I see them.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Should be pretty easy to find out what district that you're in...and then to look up that district commander...

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    Have you upset a neighbor? If so, that is a popular form of "probable cause". They do need probable cause - but it sometimes comes from improbable sources.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    The DNR is specificaly allowed by law to enter upon private land to enforce game laws.
    the question is why do they keep coming onto your land ? is something going on out there that they are looking for, does someone keep calling them out there?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    they seem to see everyone but me- my son is 12 years old- first year deer hunting- these guys walked up on him opening morning- he told them I was in a stand over the ridge- two DNR guys walk up on a 12 year old with no orange on- asked him for his license- scared the **** out of him- they didn't even bother to come over to me- Rights we have are none on our own land...your right- I will find out what the law is when I see them.

You just said for the second time it was DNR. They have telephones and offices you know.

Top Bottom