• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In a car, as the driver or passenger ...

• Total voters

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    We riders buy better lobbyists, ABATE. Also, hindsight is 20/20, we seen it coming and prepared after the FED/insurance seat belt hornswaggle.

Just my opinion, but I stopped supporting ABATE when I saw how much time and money they waste fighting helmet laws. I would support no-helmet laws if they were combined with opt out clauses for emergency response services and / or mandatory organ donor support. I go out with as much gear as possible no matter how hot it is, I've been down twice in my career, and I've walked away without a scratch from both. Should have seen my helmet, though.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It's all about the odds. I saw as a teenager that seatbelts improved the odds of survival in a crash. So I installed them in my first car shortly after I got it.(yes, that was a looooong time ago...58 Chrysler Imperial) I saw the same light bulb go on when I got my first motorcycle. I got a lot of ribbing for wearing that very unsophisticated "fiberglass salad bowl". Many folks at that time had never seen one of them, and they were a little tough to find in those days, but I never went without it, whether I was racing or just tooling around the neighborhood. It's still like that for me today...trying to improve the odds.
    Oh yeah, thats why I carry, too.(to improve the odds of survival.)

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Always carry and really who do you think is funding the I-70 road work? Single handed I'm responsible for one mile of improvements......your welcome.

I've been in several wrecks, with the last one on Friday January 13, 2012, and a seatbelt has yet to benefit me in an accident. I am not saying that seatbelts should not be worn; I'm merely saying that I personally do not use or believe in them. I will gladly pay the fine to drive as I see fit.

A girl friend of mine had her life saved by a seatbelt... I'm a believer. (not that I wasn't).

Top Bottom