• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    In 1992 my 15 year old brother was murdered by a person with a gun. The guy was suppose to be my brother's friend, and he just turned 18. Even though he ran from the scene of the crime, left my brother laying dead/dying on the floor without calling anyone to check on him, and then threw the gun in the Tippecanoe River, he was only sentenced to 4 years in prison, and was out in 2 for good behavior.

The president listed a bunch of people who deserve a vote, and I wonder if my family deserves ours? But most likely it is just for people who dont agree with the 2nd amendment?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I heard about a guy( recently out of High School) wrecked / rolled his SUV while being on Cocaine & alcohol While speeding, killed a passenger, and killed a set of parents that he hit. blamed the wreck on the dead friend and only got a slap on the wrist, even after it was proved he was driving.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I was only 12 at the time, but we were told by the prosecutor that in Indiana a child's life isn't worth as much as an adults. So if my brother was over 18 the guy would of got more time.

But I believe the gun was destroyed, and everyone knows the gun was the real murderer in this crime, the low life was just along for the ride.

DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    Sorry to hear that man... I can't even imagine how that must've felt. Too bad we aren't in Texas. Instead of being sentenced to 4 and out in 2, he would've been fried in 6 months.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Thanks everyone. The guy that did it actually died this past summer. I believe he was 37, so he lived over 20 years longer than my brother, but it eventually caught up with him.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Two years does seem a little short. The two guys who came back and shot my father with a sawed off shotgun after he caught them stripping cars on his lot and chased them off didn't get out for seven, of course that was back in the '50's. And we know that being pro-2A I don't get a vote.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. That kind of pain never goes away, you just learn to live with it. I wish there was better justice. I wish someone could have been there to prevent it.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am truly sorry for your families loss.

I lost a friend at a very young age to a tragic firearms accident. He and his brother had found one of his father handguns that was not properly secured. And as his older brother was trying to get it away from him, it went off and killed his younger brother.

My vote is for more public youth education of firearms safety. I can remember in elementary school, about once a year, a local LEO would come in and speak to us about gun safety and what to do if we found a gun (along the lines of Eddie the Eagle) and the dangers of unsecured firearmes in the home. As far as I know they don't do that any more. Perhaps I will start petitioning the local school boards to bring back this practice.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I am truly sorry for your families loss.

I lost a friend at a very young age to a tragic firearms accident. He and his brother had found one of his father handguns that was not properly secured. And as his older brother was trying to get it away from him, it went off and killed his younger brother.

My vote is for more public youth education of firearms safety. I can remember in elementary school, about once a year, a local LEO would come in and speak to us about gun safety and what to do if we found a gun (along the lines of Eddie the Eagle) and the dangers of unsecured firearmes in the home. As far as I know they don't do that any more. Perhaps I will start petitioning the local school boards to bring back this practice.

Ya I agree. When I was in middle school we did hunting safety, and boating safety. By the time my younger brother got to middle school they didnt do it anymore, and I am only 2 years older than him. It is something that needs brought back.

Top Bottom