Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you approve of peacefully armed protesters?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lots of Town Hall meetings lately, and lots of people choosing to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and come to the rallies peacefully armed.

How do you feel when you see people safely openly carrying firearms in crowds?
    Particularly at political events that may have VIPs present.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LoL very well rounded questions. Obviously you know how I feel about it.

Personally the media is making a big deal out of nothing. If the politicians are so afraid of Gun Toting Americans, they don't need to be leading this Country. What happened to America the Great? The same America that beat it's chest at the world and said :fawk: if you don't like freedom! ???? We've now become Land of the Slaves, Home of the cowards. Fortunately the silent majority is speaking out and about the kick the :poop: out of the evil, anti-freedom left!

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I think that ALL responsible gun owners need to apear in public with their firearms of choice proudly displayed in public. We are violating no laws, and I fear that part of the reason that guns are demonized as a whole is that the general populace is not used to seeing them in the hands of law-abiding citizens...... only in the hands of thugs and gangbangers. To send a proper message to the public that we are not all a bunch of "terrorists", we need to be seen in our usual haunts as well as in the spotlight, with our guns displayed proudly. Only then can we effect real change - through a positive image and education of curious sheeple. :twocents::patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think that ALL responsible gun owners need to apear in public with their firearms of choice proudly displayed in public. We are violating no laws, and I fear that part of the reason that guns are demonized as a whole is that the general populace is not used to seeing them in the hands of law-abiding citizens...... only in the hands of thugs and gangbangers. To send a proper message to the public that we are not all a bunch of "terrorists", we need to be seen in our usual haunts as well as in the spotlight, with our guns displayed proudly. Only then can we effect real change - through a positive image and education of curious sheeple. :twocents::patriot:

Well said.

I too would call it Freedom. And Peace. And Security. And Self-sufficiency.

:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Very true. Which is why we need media reform not healthcare reform.... :laugh: if it wasn't true...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :laugh: Someone here REALLY thinks OC should be banned?!?!?! WOW. I hope that was a joke.

Could you explain WHY you think it should be banned? I mean, its your opinion and I respect that, but seriously? That's just another restriction on gun rights. I'd LOVE to hear your side...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it."

Any political official who is truly exercising his or her office "to secure these rights" using "their just powers" derived "from the consent of the governed" should have no fear of openly armed citizens at a political rally (the prospective assassins, after all, will have their weapons concealed). If someone is carrying openly, he's not there to shoot, he's their to talk and be heard.

If they fear law-abiding citizens exercising their Constitutionally protected rights then the conclusion is left as an exercise for the student.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    While I think open carry is silly and defeats its own (As a general rule)purpose.I do think it is great for sending a political message at a rally. I am glad to see it is happening. Strange thing is the very people who are all about civil rights are the very ones clucking like a bunch of hens over the open carry at rally's.

The American people are really ticked off. Just think...we are not even one year into this mess of a presidency!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    5 people.

No I mean the, now 4, who think OC should be banned. Surely they're not gun owners... I can't fathom why a gun owner would want to take away someone's rights....

That's like saying it's ok to pick and choose what rights in the Bill of Rights is ok to exercise. Like, It's ok to practice any religion you want, but you can't talk about. Or it's ok to own guns, but not carry them. Keep and BEAR arms....

Surely these members are either not gun owners, or they are gun owners with the liberal agenda in mind. You know, take other people's rights that they dont agree with?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not going to flame these people for speaking up. I just want to understand their line of thinking. I can't fathom it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    While I think open carry is silly and defeats its own (As a general rule)purpose.I do think it is great for sending a political message at a rally. I am glad to see it is happening. Strange thing is the very people who are all about civil rights are the very ones clucking like a bunch of hens over the open carry at rally's.

The American people are really ticked off. Just think...we are not even one year into this mess of a presidency!

How does OC defeat it's own purpose? What makes it silly?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I thought that was the purpose here...

It looked to me like J706 was approving of open carry as a political statement but disapproving of the general case of carrying openly for defense. If so, then it seemed to me (IANAM) that the discussion of the more general should go to one of the multitudinous threads for that purpose leaving this for the more specific case of peaceful political protest.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom