• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you believe the T.S.A. is necessary.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I was going to say no, but decided to go with HELL NO! instead.

Disband the bastards.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Another intrusion into liberty, along with operant conditioning for future big government endeavors. And, I'm officially against them touching my junk.

Eliminate the rent-a-cop TSA thugs!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Since cockpits have been secured, there's really no sense in prohibiting knives or anything similar anymore. The big danger to aircraft seems to be explosives, which can be screened for without manhandling everyone. Non-invasive screening can be done by contractors instead of government employees, as it was before TSA.

AuburnGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Auburn, Indiana
    Remove TSA and let people Carry while flying if they have a LTC. If someone does something stupid or tries to Hijack the plain then at least people can defend themselves.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Like others, HELL NO!

I used to fly occasionally, but now, I will only fly commercially if it is an absolute necessity to get to a destination in a short time frame. That is exactly how much I enjoy the TSA's ridiculous intrusions, like a ban on finger nail clippers, I mean really.

Otherwise I drive, it is much more enjoyable, not forced to sit next to some smelly fat dude or some chatty Cathy that never knows when to shut up, and the only "frisking" that takes place on my 95% of my journey's these days, happens at the hotel. :D

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Remove TSA and let people Carry while flying if they have a LTC. If someone does something stupid or tries to Hijack the plain then at least people can defend themselves.

I would be afraid to fire a weapon on a narrow, crowded plane flying at altitude. At most I would use my EDC as a small metal/polymer club.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I would be afraid to fire a weapon on a narrow, crowded plane flying at altitude. At most I would use my EDC as a small metal/polymer club.

i see your pretty new here

but this is the internet where everyone is bad assed and a trained killa, and has all the answers........ truth has no place here my friend

jake

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Disband them, or Privatize them and let the airlines pay for their own security, and make their own decisions about security..

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ...... Privatize them and let the airlines pay for their own security, and make their own decisions about security..

That didn't work prior to 2001 either.

The only difference between then and now.....is that it cost a lot more today, that, and being violated.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

The only difference between then and now.....is that it cost a lot more today, that, and being violated.

No. The difference now is that a Government Agency is being allowed to circumvent the 4th Amendment while working as security for private companies..

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Since cockpits have been secured, there's really no sense in prohibiting knives or anything similar anymore. The big danger to aircraft seems to be explosives, which can be screened for without manhandling everyone. Non-invasive screening can be done by contractors instead of government employees, as it was before TSA.

I agree w/ the underlined.

I think some form of non-invasive, clearly defined protocol screening wouldn't be a bad thing for the overall security of air travel, IF the service provided had strict constitutional right guidelines to follow, they were contracted out from a private, US owned/operated company and the Gubment (read, Union Thugs) were kept entirely out of it!

A properly ran service like this does add an added layer of crime deterrant to would-be criminals and adds a higher level of security comfort for the law abiding passengers of the plane- BUT it must be performed properly with due respect given to those that fly by the rules and/or special situations that require commen sense to be enacted over non-flexible policy. Even an oak tree is somewhat flexible, but VERY strong when it needs to be...

In order for a security service like this to function properly and be respective to the law-abiding patrons, the entity doing it MUST be held 100% accountable for their inappropriate actions with clearly defined consequences to be readily enacted if someone crosses the line.

Unfortunetaly, with the corrupt Gubment and union thuggery involved/running it, it's bloated itself into a crooked beauracracy that has no accountability to anyone, nor does does it have to (or want to) adhere to the Constitutional Rights of every American or International law abiding citizen in any capacity what-so-ever. They've once again taken what could be an excellent service (under the proper checks/balances) to keep us safe when we fly and twisted it into something perverse that no one wants and everyone hates.... :xmad:

But then again...what the hell do I know.....:)::laugh:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

There are all kinds of shoot/don't shoot scenarios to be envisioned upon an aircraft, but altitude itself really isn't a consideration.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

It did work, prior to 2001. Security did NOT fail on 9/11. It worked EXACTLY the way it was supposed to. No-one got on a plane with a gun. No-one got on a plane with a bomb. Knives and box cutters were ALLOWED, and many of us routinely carried one or the other on us while flying. To say security didn't work is to buy into media falsehoods. The facts speak for themselves.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    No. The difference now is that a Government Agency is being allowed to circumvent the 4th Amendment while working as security for private companies..

Governmental agencies have long been providing security, in full or in part, to a number of private concerns apart from air travel.

Top Bottom