• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    most of those could be from a number of things. i put my mp3 and my phone in the same coat pocket and it hangs lower it may look like i'm carring. i have a steal rod in my left leg, and sometimes my walk is a little funny. and i see ppl wear thick skull caps and coats in the summer for fashion reasons.

it depends on the person and the situation to uses those as a guide.

good to know though.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    I need to hike up my pants frequently. When I get out of my car I need to pull everything up. Walking around in a store I need to find unbusy aisles to do a pull up. I think its a combination of lack of *** and inside carry.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Styles don't match ? Heck I must have been carrying when I was 9. Not only did my Mother dress me funny, but even now I still have 2 excuses I can use : I'm old, and I'm a guy. Just try to guess whether i'm carrying.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    most of those could be from a number of things. i put my mp3 and my phone in the same coat pocket and it hangs lower it may look like i'm carring. i have a steal rod in my left leg, and sometimes my walk is a little funny. and i see ppl wear thick skull caps and coats in the summer for fashion reasons.

it depends on the person and the situation to uses those as a guide.

good to know though.
    Yeah that's true. I do a lot of them, but many could be a phone on your belt. Also, I don't care if people know I'm carrying.

I would like to see this sign with how I carry...... OC?

How to spot an Open Carry....?

I think the only tell for open carry is wearing a sign around your neck that says "I'm carrying a gun."
    People can be so blind.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Nope. I have seen this before. Maybe when people first start to carry these things happen, but once the comfort level kicks in, those indicators go away.

I have not started carrying yet. Still waitin on christmas to get here so I can get my holster. I know when I first start I will prolly do these things. I was wondering how long it takes to get use to it?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have not started carrying yet. Still waitin on christmas to get here so I can get my holster. I know when I first start I will prolly do these things. I was wondering how long it takes to get use to it?

Wear it all the time and it won't be long before you won't feel right without it.
    The newness causes many people to behave this way and if you only strap it on when you leave the house, I'd think it would take longer to get comfortable with carrying.
    The everyone is watching me feeling will fade when you realize that nobody is watching you. As mentioned, even for those of us who open carry, many people have no clue. Unbelievably peoples eyes are not permanently affixed to your hip.
    Experience brings confidence and alleviates worry.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I will occasionally, I find myself grabbing my sidearm when running across a street, ie.. in the rain.

I am also guilty of checking to make sure it's still there. I carry a total titanium revolver that sometimes just "doesn't feel there". There is so little weight, I sometimes "forget" it's on my belt.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Make sure you have a good holster and a good belt. Put it on in the morning when you get dressed and don't take it off till you go to bed. Wear it around the house. Hopefully it won't bother anyone at home and you get time with it. If your in Indiana remember when you are out an about it don't matter if you print.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I do some of these more than others.
    If I break into a run I definately use my hand or forearm to keep it tight.
    I tend to rest my right forearm or elbow ontop of the gun when I am standing at rest.
    If somebody starts to walk up next to my gun side I will vear off.
    I will also kind of lightly grab the bottom of my jacket on my gun side and touch the bottom of my barrel to make sure that the barrel is not sticking out of the bottom of my jacket. This is because if I bend over to pick something up or look at something, the jacket will sometimes stay ontop of the gun makeing it look like I am purposly pulling my jacket up to OC. A funny look or 2 is always a quick reminder:)

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    A good holster and belt eliminates most of those.

Back when I had a crappy holster I found myself needing to push it back down occasionally (once it almost fell out at the dolphin show at the zoo). Now I never touch it, never walk funny, nothing like that. I do have to hike my pants up sometimes, but I have to do that when I'm not carrying. I just grab my belt on both sides and hike evenly.

Granted I usually carry an LCP in a Crossbreed MiniTuck... its rock solid with no chance of anyone seeing it.

Top Bottom