• ...and so much more!
  • TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Tell me about your backpack set up.
    I have a few set ups because I am addicted to covert carry options that gives you a tactical firepower advantage.
    Here are a few of my load outs:

1. Condor Transporter Gun Sling bag. Spikes Tactical AR Pistol with Law Tactical Folder. I run it with a 20 round mag in place and ready to go. The bag also holds 4 additional 30 mags, 2 SMG 33 round funsticks for my Glock 26, a Cold Steal Recon 1 knife and a Tourniquet.

2. Condor EDC Elite Sector Covert Sling Bag. This bag is a very low viz EDC laptop bad but it has a hidden compartment in the rear. It is very easily deployed. I have it loaded out with my basic EDC stuff like Laptop, Tactical pen, Stream light flashlight, Sharpie wrapped in duct tape, multi tool, note pad and of course Tourniquet. The middle pouch has a molle panel. At this point I'm not really utilizing it because that where I keep my laptop. Since this is my off body carry of the Glock 26 I make sure I have a quick access CRKT Provoke. I keep the Glock 26 in a vertex wrap fixed to the velcro panel. My favorite part of this set up is that I have a Safe Life Level 111+ Soft Body Armor back pack panel.

3. I also have a small backpack that I keep my Ruger 10/22 Charger Takedown with the folding stock and pistol brace. Of course I have lots of .22 ammo in the bag.

Let me know what you think, how I could improve and what you run.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Tennis racquet bag with a Extar EP9, extra 9mm mags and IFAK. Goes on overnight trips and family vacations.

Also have an older Camelbak Demon concealed carry backpack that I use for beach trips and hikes. Carries a handgun, extra mags and flashlight in a quick access lower compartment. Also has an IFAK and survival kit in an upper compartment.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Tell me about your backpack set up.
    I have a few set ups because I am addicted to covert carry options that gives you a tactical firepower advantage.
    Here are a few of my load outs:

1. Condor Transporter Gun Sling bag. Spikes Tactical AR Pistol with Law Tactical Folder. I run it with a 20 round mag in place and ready to go. The bag also holds 4 additional 30 mags, 2 SMG 33 round funsticks for my Glock 26, a Cold Steal Recon 1 knife and a Tourniquet.

2. Condor EDC Elite Sector Covert Sling Bag. This bag is a very low viz EDC laptop bad but it has a hidden compartment in the rear. It is very easily deployed. I have it loaded out with my basic EDC stuff like Laptop, Tactical pen, Stream light flashlight, Sharpie wrapped in duct tape, multi tool, note pad and of course Tourniquet. The middle pouch has a molle panel. At this point I'm not really utilizing it because that where I keep my laptop. Since this is my off body carry of the Glock 26 I make sure I have a quick access CRKT Provoke. I keep the Glock 26 in a vertex wrap fixed to the velcro panel. My favorite part of this set up is that I have a Safe Life Level 111+ Soft Body Armor back pack panel.

3. I also have a small backpack that I keep my Ruger 10/22 Charger Takedown with the folding stock and pistol brace. Of course I have lots of .22 ammo in the bag.

Let me know what you think, how I could improve and what you run.
    Sounds good, for my liking it would have a few more med supplies. I've managed to stock up on a wide variety of antibiotics (you may be suprised if you tell your doctor why you want them what they may hook you up with) water filters, legal painkillers. Medical supplies are one thing really overlooked in bugouts/survival. Do you have mylar blankets? (Very space efficient and effective) Chlorine tabs.. you may have all that and I missed it:)

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Sounds good, for my liking it would have a few more med supplies. I've managed to stock up on a wide variety of antibiotics (you may be suprised if you tell your doctor why you want them what they may hook you up with) water filters, legal painkillers. Medical supplies are one thing really overlooked in bugouts/survival. Do you have mylar blankets? (Very space efficient and effective) Chlorine tabs.. you may have all that and I missed it:)
    I agree, I have a pretty comprehensive med kit I keep in the back of my suv. I need to stock up on the Antibiotics though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Awhile back I went and checked out my old gear. ALICE gear lets you know I'm kinda old lol. Still in good condition yet for sitting in storage for decades. Mice made several nests in different places but nothing chewed up. I tried it on my belt and shoulder straps seem to think I've gained weight in the last several decades. I'm not even sure they will adjust to my new size.

That said I should probably try and get it fitting again or should I just upgrade to MOLLE system?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got a get home pack, 5.11 Rush72. I basically set it up like I was going backpacking for 3 days, with a few additions.

Big Agnes sleeping bag, 15 deg
    Big Agnes insulated pad
    REI Superlight Bivy
    First Aid kit
    Down jacket
    3 days of Mountain House meals
    Clif Builder Bars
    12 packets of BRCC instant coffee
    MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe+fuel
    Stanley cook set, plastic utensils
    Cheapy 5x7 tarp for groundsheet
    Fire kit
    Sawyer Mini for water filtration
    1.5 liter water bottle (Fiji brand)
    1 liter water pouch
    Fenix Light
    Map of my general area
    Silva Explorer Pro compass
    Benchmade Adamas folder
    Trowel
    Hygiene kit
    2 heavy duty trash bags
    2 1 gal. Ziplock bags
    Frog Toggs Rain poncho
    Gloves
    Extra wool socks, long johns, shirt
    Wiley X ballistic shades
    100' paracord
    3 Bandanas
    Dry sack
    Backup phone, cord
    20000 MaH battery
    Duct tape
    Spare tent stakes
    Bug spray
    Sun screen
    Zip ties
    SOL Emergency Bivy
    Multitool
    Silcock key
    Metal pen
    Rite In The Rain notepad
    Whistle
    Molle holster on hip belt
    Molle ammo pouch also
    Glock 43
    Spare mags
    $100.00

I had to ram it all in there, but it's all in there. Except the pistol and mags, which I'm carrying all the time anyway. I'll just transfer them over if needed.

I drew the line at my Helinox Zero chair and the ultralight backpacking table I made out of kydex and threaded nylon rods to go with it. Lol.

I've also got a 90s era alice belt, with a bianchi um84 holster for my HiPower, canteen and pouch, pistol mag pouches (4x20 round mags) Scrapyard Yard Guard knife, and 2 utility pouches (1st aid and clif bars) . This goes with my Beez shotgun chest rig.

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I agree, I have a pretty comprehensive med kit I keep in the back of my suv. I need to stock up on the Antibiotics though.
    I would start with your doctor. He/she is likely to be receptive if you can demonstrate what conditions to use what antibiotic for. Like ear infections and light upper resp you want broad spectrum and more acute infections need more acute ab like keflex. My wife is a nurse also so she knows how to stitch. There is also a old makeshift bread used in ww1 and 2, it's basically flower and water and salt baked, cut in squares and wrapped. Not the highest in nutrition but it will keep you going and it has a very good life. I also have a Stryker stick that works even if it's wet.. I always think basics.. self defence/hunting, medical, shelter, medical. Alot of gun and knife shows have pretty advanced triage kits. Several water straws are always good. A still for distilling water (doesn't need to be big to produce enough for a family) basically you just need a 1 gallon boiling unit, a length of cooling coil and a collector. Distil and treat and your good to go.. if your fortunate enough to live in a area with safe drinking streams then you blessed but you can go more than a few days without clean drinking water

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    How many of you have actually humped your packs for any length of time and/or distance?

I do know that some of you do...

And if you don't, I encourage you to try it. Try it in ideal conditions first. Then you can see how untenable it may be. Then try it in inclement conditions. Like even a few inches of snow on the ground. Then you can see how untenable it may be.

Master tech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Sog seraphim 35l in the service truck with me every day as I drive all over this fine state, loaded to the gills with all the goodies. Only needed it one time in many many years of carrying one. Truck broke down in bfe (not another human for 20 miles)at 8pm last winter and it took almost 5hrs to get a large enough wrecker to me. I sat there comfortably eating my favorite mre drinking hot coffee and watching gun videos on my phone thanks to my go bag. Not exactly a bug out scenario! lol

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    In my younger days I did my fair share of backpacking trips...even some on the AP. I'm not up to it anmore, but still keep my packs loaded as bug out bags/emergency grab and go.
    My homestead is my set up now......plan on staying put.
    Maybe a few more week long canoe trips

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have a pass down ACU combat pack, loaded with essentials. Poncho, liner, fire goods, IFAK, canteen with cup(old school)mess kit(old school). Camillus knife(fixed blade)couple heatup camping meals, fold up small stove, watch cap, boonie hat, extra socks and jockey shorts/t shirt.
    Also have a sling pack(ACU) that totes extra loaded mags, Glock Field Knife, short blade dagger, compass/map, mini mag lite, small pepper spray, bandanna. The BOB stays stashed in trunk, sling pack goes in and out if needed.
    I may carry a long gun if needed, and have a shoulder 3 mag carry case in ACU camo. 3-30rds, and 2-30rds/duct taped back to back in weapon. Should be good to go. Good luck!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I have done a lot of backpacking. The only difference now really is the specific pack I've got set up. My Gregory is just too big, and my Osprey won't carry quite enough weight and isn't quite tough enough for what I'm doing with this pack.

I do plan on hiking around the Hoosier National Forest with my setup this spring though. As soon as the weather warms I'm going to strap up and hike around the neighborhood for a couple hours to make sure it's tenable, and make any adjustments I'll need to make from there.

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    How many of you have actually humped your packs for any length of time and/or distance?

I do know that some of you do...

And if you don't, I encourage you to try it. Try it in ideal conditions first. Then you can see how untenable it may be. Then try it in inclement conditions. Like even a few inches of snow on the ground. Then you can see how untenable it may be.
    Good point. I just started doing Spartan Races with my wife and kids a few years ago. We will have to wear an EDC bad next time we go!!!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    ***#1 BOB ILBE containing:
    1Camo tarp7’11” x 9’11”
    1Mess kit2 titanium pots with bowl lids, titanium spork, soap, scrubbie, oil, salt
    1SOG hatchet1 piece metal with sheath
    1ESEE 4 knifeWith sheath
    1woobie
    1Solar chargerWith spare AA and AAA cells
    1spare glassesIn case
    1Blue “W” bagWater purification tablets - Pack of 10, water filter, UV water purifier with spare AA
    2Pair glovesWool and leather
    2Pair socksWool and poly
    1Change of clothes
    1CompassExternal pocket
    1Red stuff sackSmall towels, 2 bivvy sacks, toiletries
    1small first aid kit
    1Bandana
    1Water bottle, metal
    6Cliff bars
    44-serving freeze dried dinners
    1Ripstop camo poncho/tarp
    1Green stuff sack70’ green Paracord, zip ties, sewing kit, pack repair parts, eyeglass repair kit, signal mirror, fishing/snare kit, ring saw, bags, 2 web straps, yo-yo fishing reel, emergency radio, earplugs. Solo stove, lighters, matches, tinder
    1Headlight with AAA cellsExternal pocket
    1Blue zipper bagMinor surgery kit w/light, 14 iodine tablets, CAT tourniquet, 1 Quick-Clot, bag of nitrile gloves, H-bandage, medium first aid kit, 6 – N95 dust masks, T4 tourniquet, anti-diarrheal meds, moleskin, toothache kit
    1Black sack inside green stuff sack3 carabiners, 3 sets earplugs, silver quarters, 6 extra AAA cells, , 2 Bic lighters, ferro/mag rod, waterproof matches, safety pins
    1Binoculars
    1Trowel
    1Toilet paper
    1Duct tape roll
    1Toiletries bag (inside red bag)Cotton balls, Vaseline, sponge, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, 40% DEET repellent
    1Cheap multitool
    1Camelback systemOutside back pocket
    We do annual family multi-day backpacking trips that have at least that much weight. Firearms and ammo are locked in the room next to where this is kept.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I am not sure what happened, I posted a reply and it disappeared. Bottom line. I have BOB's in my vehicles so I can get home. My plan is to hunker down. I have six dogs here and there is no way I will leave them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I am not sure what happened, I posted a reply and it disappeared. Bottom line. I have BOB's in my vehicles so I can get home. My plan is to hunker down. I have six dogs here and there is no way I will leave them.
    Hope you have 400lbs extra dog food stored up just in case.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I usually carry 28 to 35 lbs depending on the weather and temperatures. These days going 6 miles a day in the Charles C. Deam Wilderness leaves me with energy to setup camp and still enjoy a little bushcraft activity. 6 miles back out the next day and this old body has had a good work out. For a firearm a, I carry S&W 637 with a speed strip reload in a Hill People Gear chest pack. If we have a SHTF scenario, I will likely bug in if at all possible. My wife isn't going very far very fast on her cane. If possible, we would drive the Wrangler loaded with more goodies to a safer locale.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I usually carry 28 to 35 lbs depending on the weather and temperatures. These days going 6 miles a day in the Charles C. Deam Wilderness leaves me with energy to setup camp and still enjoy a little bushcraft activity. 6 miles back out the next day and this old body has had a good work out. For a firearm a, I carry S&W 637 with a speed strip reload in a Hill People Gear chest pack. If we have a SHTF scenario, I will likely bug in if at all possible. My wife isn't going very far very fast on her cane. If possible, we would drive the Wrangler loaded with more goodies to a safer locale.

username checks out :abused:

Top Bottom