• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I've never understood the thought process behind keeping a gun locked in your car. Cable safe, bolted safe, invisible safe.........It doesn't matter. When the vehicle is stolen, the gun is gone. Whether or not they can access it (and trust me, they can) doesn't matter. You now have a loaded weapon out of your sight and out of your control. I suppose if you were absolutely certain your vehicle can not be stolen then that would be different. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that I'm not sure of much. You can, however, ask the victims of about every stolen car in America and most would tell you they didn't think their car would be stolen.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I don't lock up any of my guns. Stolen car just means new car and new guns. Life goes on. I won't have my rights limited by the criminal actions of others.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've never understood the thought process behind keeping a gun locked in your car. Cable safe, bolted safe, invisible safe.........It doesn't matter. When the vehicle is stolen, the gun is gone. Whether or not they can access it (and trust me, they can) doesn't matter. You now have a loaded weapon out of your sight and out of your control. I suppose if you were absolutely certain your vehicle can not be stolen then that would be different. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that I'm not sure of much. You can, however, ask the victims of about every stolen car in America and most would tell you they didn't think their car would be stolen.

do you keep guns in your house? you do know that people break in to houses and steal guns, safe or no safe...whats the difference?

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Well, considering the fact that I don't live in a mobile home, my house isn't mobile......therefore, it can't be stolen like a car can be stolen. Since it can't be stolen, none of my guns can be taken from it unless the perps bring pneumatic jack hammers with them

This was a response to peashooter....I didn't use the quote function, my bad

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I don't lock up any of my guns. Stolen car just means new car and new guns. Life goes on. I won't have my rights limited by the criminal actions of others.
    I agree life goes on, I just don't like the idea of anybody being robbed or shot with a gun I left in my own car.

I guess it's just a personal preference. I carry on one me. When I get in the car it's on me and when I leave the car it's on me.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    @NDguido, what's the diffrence if a house gets broken in to and firearms are stolen or a car is stolen with firearms in it. Any way they are gone. That is the point that you missed.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    @NDguido, what's the diffrence if a house gets broken in to and firearms are stolen or a car is stolen with firearms in it. Any way they are gone. That is the point that you missed.
    Because, locked in a car, in a safe or not they are very easily stolen. My safe is not removable without destroying my house in the process. Even a sturdy free standing gun safe is decidedly more difficult to remove from a house. A car can be easily stolen and a safe in a car is nothing more than a false sense of security. They are incredibly easy to remove and easy to open.

Your point would be valid if I kept my guns in an easily accessible nightstand/table top safe....which I don't.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Another reason I wouldn't keep a gun in my vehicle is because I'm afraid I'd forget it was there while loaning the car to my daughter or attending a school event. That's totally on me, but still.....it's a reason.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    or do most just carry one in all situations? I ask because a friend recently was a victim of a car burglary where he KNOWS he locked the car via remote. When talking to the cops, they informed him that criminals often have "frequency stealers" that copy your remote's frequency when you lock your car, then they can just use it to get in. This happened to him in south bend. If he carried a gun in his car, he would be minus one gun!

I do what I think I need to do for the situation and keep my mouth shut.
    Anyone smart enough to use a frequency steeler is smart enough to start a thread on the net find the addresses and CLEAN up in VERY quick fashion.:)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Because, locked in a car, in a safe or not they are very easily stolen. My safe is not removable without destroying my house in the process. Even a sturdy free standing gun safe is decidedly more difficult to remove from a house. A car can be easily stolen and a safe in a car is nothing more than a false sense of security. They are incredibly easy to remove and easy to open.

Your point would be valid if I kept my guns in an easily accessible nightstand/table top safe....which I don't.
    So you made your safe harder to remove so your guns are not easily stolen but you look down on those that put a safe in there car so it makes it more difficult from being stolen. The reason that I put a safe in my car is because I don't leave the house with out my sidearm. If I have to pick up my kids at school I park off property and lock them up as the same for work. I don't use it just to have a sidearm in there.

Top Bottom