• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have a gun in the car in addition to the one I carry. I think the one in the car is easier to access when driving, but still have the one on my waist in case I get separated from the vehicle.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    So you made your safe harder to remove so your guns are not easily stolen but you look down on those that put a safe in there car so it makes it more difficult from being stolen. The reason that I put a safe in my car is because I don't leave the house with out my sidearm. If I have to pick up my kids at school I park off property and lock them up as the same for work. I don't use it just to have a sidearm in there.

I suppose one could say it's better to have a safe in the car than to not.........but once the car is stolen, it doesn't matter if the gun is in a safe or dangling from the rear view mirror. It's gone, and in somebody else's hands.

I can understand the school scenario. It's not plausible in my case because if I parked off the high school property, I'd have to walk a mile. I'm not looking down on anybody. As I said, I just don't understand the reasoning behind actually storing a gun in the car. Since you say that isn't really what you do, the reasoning behind it makes more sense to me.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I suppose one could say it's better to have a safe in the car than to not.........but once the car is stolen, it doesn't matter if the gun is in a safe or dangling from the rear view mirror. It's gone, and in somebody else's hands.

I can understand the school scenario. It's not plausible in my case because if I parked off the high school property, I'd have to walk a mile. I'm not looking down on anybody. As I said, I just don't understand the reasoning behind actually storing a gun in the car. Since you say that isn't really what you do, the reasoning behind it makes more sense to me.
    I think we are both on the same page now but the name calling was not necessarily.

Ademus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Greenfield
    A friend of mine recently had his g19 stolen out of his car, he attempted to file a claim but the auto insurance doesn't cover it. I recently got my license, and in light of this probably won't leave it in the car.

Sledge357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Bluffton
    Depending on the trip, I will keep a second gun in a discreet concealed location that's easy to access. I really prefer not to store guns in vehicles, but sometimes it can't be avoided. In that case, it's best to be prepared by having a way of locking it inside a locked vehicle. Anything less is irresponsible. I've heard a lot of good things about the Consule Vault.

Console Vault | Buy Direct For Lowest Price + Free Shipping

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My EDC pistol is placed in the console when I am driving for easy access. Even though I do have a car safe for temporary storage if needed, I have never considered a full-time car gun.

Top Bottom