Do You Know Why Earth Day is April 22nd?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The declaration of all forests, streams, and minerals as property of the state.
    Human free "nature preserves".

Do you recognize the parallels between communism and the "green movement"?

Oh, you wanted me to comment on philosophy, not facts.

Do you recognize the difference between a fact and philosophy? Rebutting the philosophies from the article in the WND would require to take it seriously as a source. I don't. Even if I agree in principle with some or all of a philosophy doesn't mean I'm going to give credibility to overblown rhetoric. I don't do it for those on the left and I don't do it for those on the right.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Oh, you wanted me to comment on philosophy, not facts.

Do you recognize the difference between a fact and philosophy? Rebutting the philosophies from the article in the WND would require to take it seriously as a source. I don't. Even if I agree in principle with some or all of a philosophy doesn't mean I'm going to give credibility to overblown rhetoric. I don't do it for those on the left and I don't do it for those on the right.

Fair enough.

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the green movement philosophy that is celebrated each year on Lenin's birthday.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Fair enough.

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the green movement philosophy that is celebrated each year on Lenin's birthday.

I think it's difficult to find a date anymore that doesn't have some other association that can be twisted to mean anything someone wants.

I don't have a real opinion on the green movement per se. I agree with some of its philosophy and disagree with some of it. As far as Earth Day I see it much like Christmas in that some people celebrate it as a deeply spiritual and philosophical holiday but the vast majority of people who celebrate it do so with only vague notions of the underlying history. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a day to think about the planet, its ecosystem, and how we impact it. I do have a serious issue with the philosophy of control of environmental issues being the exclusive province of the State.

I don't have much use for people who simply knee-jerk waste resources as a childish response to a philosophy they disagree with, just as I don't have any use for people who expend a lot of effort to appear environmentally conscious while they aren't actually doing anything meaningful.

All of this is reflected in how I manage the land I own and am responsible for. I manage it so that I can make my living off of it and so that future generations can do so as well. I manage it in part for the benefit of the flora and fauna that is part of it, and in small part in how it affects the rest of the world around it. But I don't think that the land is above human interaction with it. That's conservation and stewardship and use is acceptable, undue waste is not. That's my philosophy, and I don't force it on other people.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Thanks for your comments.

What are your thoughts on "cap and trade" and similar schemes?

Top Bottom