• Poll closed .

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Only 2 have names "Not Yours" and "Beast" the rest are Kimber, Rock River, XDm, XD, etc, you get the drift.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I usually name my favorites, not necessarily the ones I shoot the most, just the ones I really like and have some character. For instance, I have a Winchester model 67 I call Grandpa. My Saiga is Natasha, the Russian Sledgehammer. A favorite Finn M39 is Kaarin, the Finnish version of Karen which also happens to The Boss's name.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I name absolutely everything. A piece of gum I see on the sidewalk? Yep, I name it. Floaters in the toilet? Named. My guns? Each has at least a first name, middle name, nickname, and last name. None have the same last name as I don't want it to be weird if they reproduce in the loaded pile that lays on the kitchen floor.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    No..... But I know someone who names his

[video=youtube;MZ8FzI71TG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ8FzI71TG8[/video]

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've only named one. My 6" GP100 is named Maggie. I've tried naming others, but couldn't come up with anything good. Still pondering though. I call them all my "kids" anyway.

Jon

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have given a couple guns names due to the sentimental value in them like my weapons that have been given to me by my parents. For instance, I have a .410 gauge Mossberg that was my first gun that I call Heritage

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I build custom flintlock long rifles and I have named the ones that I built for myself. This was a common enough practice in the 18th century that historical references can be found fairly easily.
    I have a .45 caliber J.P. Beck style rifle named "Amanda", a .62cal/20 gauge smoothbore fowler named "Gwenalene", a .50 caliber Jacob Dickert rifle named "Liberty" and a .36 caliber Isaac Haines rifle named "Abigail"

Top Bottom