Do YOU think it's a good idea to post pictures/lists of the firearms you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Look at the thread title.

• Total voters

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why....has someone here at INGO who has posted been robbed because they did?

Does anyone know who I really am an where I live an when I come an go an where the guns I post are to be found?
    picture.php

I am going to find you one these days :cool:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    It is not a secret that I have guns. It is also not a secret they are in a good safe and we have a home security system. I also don't talk about going away on vacations. It is tempting to brag. But I wait until I get back before I rub it in to friends that I was on the beach while they were shoveling snow.
    This is my friends facebook profile pic. I think he likes to show off his guns.
    384759_2268414486472_2052653427_n.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    What fun is it to own guns or anything else for that matter if I can't share the fact with my friends? I am not embarrassed by the fact I own guns. I don't post pics of everything I own. But if nothing else, people knowing I have guns should make them think twice before breaking into my house. They should know they may get shot before they get questioned about why they are in my house if I catch them. If the dogs don't get them first, I will. Or my son will. The odds are not in their favor. :)

I got a lecture over the weekend from my non gun owning sister about the evils of posting gun pics on Facebook. Gave her the typical you're probably right response. If I do get robbed she and the rest of you can tell me I told you so.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    There's probably a pic of every gun I've ever owned posted on here and on Facebook. I have co-workers and friends come to me all the time asking questions about laws, guns and everything else. My pics have given me the opportunity to take anti gun people, curios people and everyone else to gun ranges and shops. I've helped people decide which type, make and model to buy for their first gun and their situation.

I've made friends with countless Co-workers and INGO'ers. I never shy away from talking guns with someone regardless of where I am. I treat the topic of guns as a normal everyday topic such as baseball or the weather. By posting pictures I've also found common ground with people that I might never associate with outside of work. Because they've seen I'm a gun guy and invited to their place to do some shooting.

Can posting pics of your collection make you a Target, sure, but so can a picture of the car you drive, the motorcycle you ride or the boat you steer. In my experience, the pros of posting pics or giving off an quick list far outweighs the cons.

Last edited:

buffalohump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Brag just enough to ensue good manners on those who may come in contact with you. But leave some to their imagination. Most aren't afarid of a Jennings .22 auto. 45 acp will get you some respect

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    the gov knows more about us than we will ever know any way even if your boat sank!!!!!! just go ahead and show it if ya got it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I should have mentioned this earlier, but when I show a picture of a gun online, I usually make an effort to make sure the serial number is not shown. The only exceptions would be in the classifides.

Top Bottom