• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I think they have a few years before any of those questions will pertain to said newborn...

We also had our 4 year old with us, FWIW. Regardless, Im pretty sure the issue is over with.

And whoever said there was a law about locking up your guns, please provide us with I.C. on this. I would love to see it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow...what a topic.

First of all, there is no Indiana law about securing your guns with children in the house. None.

Second, as to the doctors asking about guns- it's happened to us too. The answer is "yes". The follow up question is about safe storage, and the answer is "yes" as well. My son keeps his .22 rifle in his room, but we've never been asked about anything that specifically. I agree that if it makes you nervous, refuse to answer. If some of you have a personal morality that allows you to lie freely, I guess that's your right.

Honestly, it just doesn't bother me. If I wanted to be paranoid, I would think harder about being a member of a forum such as this. It amuses me that people who are convinced that medical records are immediately available to government agencies don't think twice about relaying all kinds of specific information about their gun ownership on the internet.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Wow...what a topic.

First of all, there is no Indiana law about securing your guns with children in the house. None.

Second, as to the doctors asking about guns- it's happened to us too. The answer is "yes". The follow up question is about safe storage, and the answer is "yes" as well. My son keeps his .22 rifle in his room, but we've never been asked about anything that specifically. I agree that if it makes you nervous, refuse to answer. If some of you have a personal morality that allows you to lie freely, I guess that's your right.

Honestly, it just doesn't bother me. If I wanted to be paranoid, I would think harder about being a member of a forum such as this. It amuses me that people who are convinced that medical records are immediately available to government agencies don't think twice about relaying all kinds of specific information about their gun ownership on the internet.

:yesway:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Wow...what a topic.

I hate to hear the term paranoid thrown around so freely to describe those who feel the need for privacy. Many on this forum are very careful with what information they give out on the forum. These days being identified as a prepper is enough to get an individual on the no fly list and ruin a vacation. Furthermore for however long Obamacare id on the books your medical records may very well wind up in government hands. Recommend you do a little reading on this forum before you start labelling other folks. Just a thought.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    It amuses me that people who are convinced that medical records are immediately available to government agencies don't think twice about relaying all kinds of specific information about their gun ownership on the internet.

'Xactly. :yesway:

Well said, kind fellow. Well said indeed.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Wow...what a topic.

Nice to see another mindset on here!

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    Wow...what a topic.

Agreed. The same questions were asked of me for both of my daughters. "Do you have any firearms in your home?" Yes. I can't remember the exact verbiage used, but essentially... "Where do you keep your firearms? Are they kept in a safe location?" Yes. I keep them in a locked safe and out of childrens' reach"... Easy enough. The point of the question is to ensure the well-being of a child, I can't say I see the harm in that. Obviously I'm sure the outcome would have been different had I said "I keep my guns loaded, and like to have them on my coffee table for easy access. Usually lying next to my crack pipe."

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Agreed. The same questions were asked of me for both of my daughters. "Do you have any firearms in your home?" Yes. I can't remember the exact verbiage used, but essentially... "Where do you keep your firearms? Are they kept in a safe location?" Yes. I keep them in a locked safe and out of childrens' reach"... Easy enough. The point of the question is to ensure the well-being of a child, I can't say I see the harm in that. Obviously I'm sure the outcome would have been different had I said "I keep my guns loaded, and like to have them on my coffee table for easy access. Usually lying next to my crack pipe."

This isn't so bad it's if they start advocating the whole taking the firearms out of the home thing.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Actually my doctor asked me where he could get a deal on an AR 15....you think it might
    be a trick to find out if I own guns?..
    If a doctor ever takes me to task over gun ownership, I'd remind him that blundering
    Doctors kill more than guns...

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    This isn't so bad it's if they start advocating the whole taking the firearms out of the home thing.

There was no feedback given. They asked their couple of questions and moved on. No further statements about gun safety or asked if I carried etc. I didn't feel as if someone was tryingto push their views on me or judge. Obviously just my opinion, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal to answer for those that are confident in their gun safety within their home.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Agreed. The same questions were asked of me for both of my daughters. "Do you have any firearms in your home?" Yes. I can't remember the exact verbiage used, but essentially... "Where do you keep your firearms? Are they kept in a safe location?" Yes. I keep them in a locked safe and out of childrens' reach"... Easy enough. The point of the question is to ensure the well-being of a child, I can't say I see the harm in that. Obviously I'm sure the outcome would have been different had I said "I keep my guns loaded, and like to have them on my coffee table for easy access. Usually lying next to my crack pipe."[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the response I want.
    I keep my guns loaded, and like to have them on my coffee table for easy access. Usually lying next to my crack pipe.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, if we're interested in asking questions for the safety of the children, should we be asking the question....
    Does your house have a Doctor in it?
    If so, is the Doctor locked up?

Since they kill/injure more than guns do.

Top Bottom