Does anybody have a Barska biometric safe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    And if so how do you like it?

It's time to get a bedroom safe and I'm pretty sure this is the brand I want. After reading the reviews and seeing the videos on some of the other similar products, I'm not too impressed. I haven't seen a Barska opened with a paper clip, straw or pen yet.

The print recognition seems to be much better too.

Just looking for some real world experiences from the INGO crowd if there are any actual users out there.

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    I've had one for a couple months. my only gripe is that I've accidentally left it open by trying to lock it while it was only partially closed, but I bought it before my gun to work out precisely those sort of kinks.

Other gripe, it hurts when you drop it on your foot.

It's easy to set up, I like the dimensions of it, I have it under my bed so I can reach down and open it without getting out of bed, but I have long orangutan arms, so ymmv. Like any safe sub 500 dollars, if someone wants in, it's a function of time and determination and anyone regardless of skill, will get in, but I bought it for when my friend's children come over, and I don't see a 5 year old bringing power-tools to bear on the problem.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My son has one. It's seems very well made. It's heavier guage than most.
    He's had no issue's with it in the couple of months of owning.
    Can be opened fairly quick.
    I believe it's this one:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Barska-AX11620-BARSKA-Mini-Biometric/dp/B004XSB5TK/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&srs=2529007011&ie=UTF8&qid=1366136236&sr=1-4&keywords=barska]Amazon.com: BARSKA Mini Biometric Safe: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Well after much research and deliberation I ended up with a Viking VS-25BM.

I felt the price was fair for it's size and the reviews were better than the Barska I was looking at.

I received it on Tuesday and so far am happy with my decision. The reader works flawlessly (so far anyway).

I added a shelf since that's the one thing it was lacking that I was looking for. I'll report back later on down the line on my experience with it's performance and reliability.

Just thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone was looking at a biometric for themselves.

Top Bottom