• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    All the photos of the Busse's I've seen show them to be spotless with nary a scratch. Photos of 10 or 12 of them laid out, all pretty as can be.

I didn't go through every single post of the 45 page Busse thread, but I can't recall ever seeing one cutting open a car, an alligator, or one with all the coating worn off and the edge chipped.

Once in a while you'll see one posed stuck in a tree or next to a campfire as if it's hanging out with the family, but most of the time, they're just "there" or attached to a bug out bag or some other zombie rig.

I used to have a Steel Heart when I was spending a bunch of time in S. America but when i found out what someone was willing to give me for a used one, I sold it faster than he could get the money out of his pocket and bought 3 other really good knives.

Busse is recommended on this site alot because of how tough it is (I'm assuming), yet I never see anyone actually using that toughness. Conversely, Blind Horse, Becker, Grayman, ESEE, Strider, and even Cold Steel (shudder), you see guys using the snot out of them, or at least the knives show that they've been used.

What gives? Are Busse's just collectible?

(You guys can gang up on me if you want, but I don't mean this post to be negative. I think Busse makes some great knives. I just wonder why no one seems to make an attempt to take advantage of their greatest quality--toughness?)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Your timing is hilarious. I was just having a PM conversation with someone about this very thing.

I'm a user, not a collector. I love me some ESEE. I can use it and abuse it and never worry about it with that awesome warranty.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Rookie

Here's the wear on the NMSFNO when I was stripping the coating off

The wear on the FFBM right before I stripped it

I'm too anal about my edges and too lazy to work out dings that occur when going through metal, so I don't do INFI on metal contact a whole lot. That's what I have the RMJ for

Tip of the NMSFNO after I had a throw get away from me and cream a cinder block (and it hit HARD too)

Not technically a Busse, but it's still kin

That's all I had in my imageshack account. It's pretty full and I've deleted a lot of pictures.

But long story short. I have some safe queens. And I have others I beat the shat out of.

INFI rules :D

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    These aren't my pics, but I guy I know on BF and I've met in person. He uses his stuff a good amount, and most of it's hard use just to show how INFI can take a beating.

zloyo2.jpg

27ymrtz.jpg

2vn07ep.jpg

2wf6xzd.jpg

FBMLE #4
    24o37gk.jpg

2a4odxe.jpg

4he1z7.jpg

2nvgpjl.jpg

2udzsyw.jpg

ztsy7t.jpg

4vn6n8.jpg

Gladius

kalhmc.jpg

21jbzug.jpg

yec8n.jpg

35n4lz8.jpg

2el6qh2.jpg

2iqadt.jpg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I used mine to skin and flesh out a boar skull. Did a good job of it. It was particularly effective at cutting off what was left of the neck and spine. I didn't take a picture in the middle of the project because I didn't want to get pig stink on the camera.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Pic of most of my users. The straight handle Badger Attack is at a friend's getting a kydex sheath made for it.

Has a user Badger Attach ergo and sold it to a friend after barely using it more. And holding off on using the Magnum Bear Cub in case there's another scale color I like better.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I havent used my Busses on anything more than wood, but if you have a car that I can put my battle mistress thru please let me know.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Nope, I don't use or throw or chop up cars parts, nothin like that!:whistle:

0040dc86.jpg

34f49e6d.jpg

We will have another Chop-In this year, maybe late summer or fall, come check that out if you want to see what they will do!:thumbsup:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    DaKruiser made me use mine already too, I just don't have pics of it :D

Where's Grunt Soldier when you need him... :dunno:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    These aren't my pics, but I guy I know on BF and I've met in person. He uses his stuff a good amount, and most of it's hard use just to show how INFI can take a beating.

That's some good stuff, there.

I havent used my Busses on anything more than wood, but if you have a car that I can put my battle mistress thru please let me know.

Sure, no problem. I'll PM you some addresses. Feel free to go to town on my cars in the driveway. I may not be there when you get there but don't let that stop you, just start stabbing away :)

I appreciate the responses, guys. It's interesting to me how different knife companies develop their own cultures.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Your timing is hilarious. I was just having a PM conversation with someone about this very thing.

I'm a user, not a collector. I love me some ESEE. I can use it and abuse it and never worry about it with that awesome warranty.

you do know that busse has the same warranty as esee right? if you break a busse they will fix it or give you a new one, no matter what. same with scrap yard, swamp rat. that's how they all get down sir. so buy a busse and beat on it too. you won't have to worry.

I use all my knives no matter who makes them. if it breaks I would rather it do it while I'm playing vs while I really need it. most of my friends won't let me use there stuff because I have this strange knack for breaking ****.

8368c113.jpg

783898c1.jpg

a4ae1894.jpg

9a1be1b2.jpg

not just for beating on. I use them for lots of food prep too.

0be4d2b5.jpg

5c44f533.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sure, no problem. I'll PM you some addresses. Feel free to go to town on my cars in the driveway. I may not be there when you get there but don't let that stop you, just start stabbing away :)

Okay, is this a serious offer? drbarnes and myself are looking for something to do this weekend and this sounds like an offer :D

Top Bottom