• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirkorner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Clay City, IN
    Hey guys, I have been wanting a Glock 19 for quite a while as I am wanting a rail on one of my pistols and my 26 does not have one. My questions is, does anyone carry a G19 and how concealable is it? My G26 has the pierce pinky extension, which is roughly the same as when I throw in a G19 mag into it. Any ideas would be appreciated. :ar15:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Ankle carry a g19... I doubt it!

I have a 19 and a 26. I carry the 26 owb with a cover shirt. Plenty concealed for my taste. My 19 has a rail light/laser and is in my nightstand safe. The 26, even with the extension, is more concealable... But nit a huge difference.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I used to ankle carry a G23 in a fobus ankle holster every once in a while. I could only do it if I was wearing boots to help support the weight. The G26/27 was much better.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    IME the Glock 19 is too large/bulky/heavy to effectively carry in an ankle holster.

To solve your 'compact without a rail' problem, simply chop the grip of your 19 down to the size of the 26. Then you get the benefit of more concealability, a rail, and a slightly longer barrel and sight radius.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I just ordered an ankle holster for my G23. I don't mind the IWO holster but I wanted to check it out and see how it feels.

I just may have to buy another carry gun that is lighter and less bulky :hooked:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have a 23 and 27. Have ankle carried the 27 with so-so results, but there is absolutely no way I'd carry my 23 that way. Much better options exist. Good luck!

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I have a 23 and 27. Have ankle carried the 27 with so-so results, but there is absolutely no way I'd carry my 23 that way. Much better options exist. Good luck!

In the Summer, I wear dress shirts tucked in for my office and rather tight fitting shirts when i go out, so what other options are there if I still want to conceal?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I carried a G36 for a while in a renegade ankle holster and found it still to be fairly awkward and ended up carrying a Keltec P11 in it instead. It carries so nicely that it has become my preferred carry and carry method. The renegade goes on quickly and easily and is comfortable.

Top Bottom