Does anyone else not care about what happens in Syria?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think we have been baited into a response. They would love for us to become involved. This would give them more reason to expand their ranks and fuel the hatred for the U.S. I think Obama and his weak and confusing foreign policies have helped to create this situation.

Since there isn't the support for other nations to become involved, Obama has paused and decided to take this problem up with congress. This way he can pass the blame onto them. If they decide we should become involved and it turns into a disaster, he puts the blame on them. If they decide not to become involved and the situation worsens, he blames them and can say "I told them that we should have helped, but they voted no."

This definitely a no win situation for the U.S. There is no clear answer or direction that we can take since both sides are our enemies. No, we should condemn their actions, but not involve ourselves. Just my :twocents:

I'm wondering if the Teleprompter broke and Obama winged it. This kind of shirt is usually what happens when he opens his mouth without help.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I figure if we opened up all of our dormant oil wells...went after the reserves we know are there we would no longer need that area for anything.....we have enough of our own sand.
    Not sure how much oil they actually pump there if any but let them have at it. We can come and mop up in a few years.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    ...said the man with wind whistling up his skirt with a flute in his mouth.

Trolling again, I see.

I've looked at your post history. Rarely....and I mean very rarely, do you have anything at all to say about guns. You are a troll, boy. Go back to your bedroom in the basement.

Like a dung beetle sticks to ... well, dung. You simply troll the site, pass out reps to get your own rep up, have little positive to say and no proof that you even own a firearm.

Troll.

Troll. Continued harassment has been reported.
    Why don't you just shut up and get off this guys back? He's allowed to post about political discussions if he so wishes. Don't act like you support his right to the second amendment just to deny his right to the first. You sir are post whore posting, wasting everyone's time, posting total crap about trolls with NOTHING about politics just to see yourself write. So I say this sir,
    :postwhore:

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Why don't you just shut up and get off this guys back? He's allowed to post about political discussions if he so wishes. Don't act like you support his right to the second amendment just to deny his right to the first. You sir are post whore posting, wasting everyone's time, posting total crap about trolls with NOTHING about politics just to see yourself write. So I say this sir,
    :postwhore:

And we have a winner! ;)

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    As far as the Syrians go, it is issues like this that make concern for politics and pursuit of the right philosophy so important. These people have only themselves to blame. It is no different here. We have the likes of Obama, Boehner, Pelosi and McConnell running our country, and the damage they do is on the people of the US. If you believe that the government should control the behavior of businessmen, and that some rights take a back seat to so-called "security", then you really shouldn't be surprised when the government tries to control the rest of us and violates our rights more and more. It really is no different in Syria. If you live with the belief that it is your right and/or moral imperative to destroy anyone you don't like, and someone then destroys you, you have it coming. I have little sympathy.

As far as our interests, it is in our best interest if the Syrians are busy killing each other for as long as possible. There is nothing good that will come from either side winning. As long as they are busy killing each other, they are distracted from doing things that could harm us.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    [QUOTE

As far as our interests, it is in our best interest if the Syrians are busy killing each other for as long as possible. There is nothing good that will come from either side winning. As long as they are busy killing each other, they are distracted from doing things that could harm us.[/QUOTE]

I agree, send both sides ammo and let them wipe themselves out.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    If Obama would have kept his nose out of the whole thing at the beginning we would not be in the mess we are now!!

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Well, if this is going to lead to Armageddon, I want to know. I will definitely not go through all that work bringing in the hay for the winter. Putin is threatening retaliation. If he and his pals attack Israel, this could be that little bit of news from the Book about the army they send being wiped out in one day. There's still years to go after that, but it's a pretty good excuse to not bother bringing in the hay...

:popcorn:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well, if this is going to lead to Armageddon, I want to know. I will definitely not go through all that work bringing in the hay for the winter. Putin is threatening retaliation. If he and his pals attack Israel, this could be that little bit of news from the Book about the army they send being wiped out in one day. There's still years to go after that, but it's a pretty good excuse to not bother bringing in the hay...

:popcorn:
    The Russians are seriously going to strike back if we get involved? Well just forget it then, there's not much of a point in fighting for no reason.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Interesting that he hid his face.

If he had shown his face, he could face disciplinary action for not supporting the POTUS, his CIC. There are a number of these "hidden face" photos showing up on the Internet, and a fair amount of discussion as to whether they are treasonous.

Here are some more:

soldiers.jpg

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I just don't see the US as having a dog in this fight. I pray for the civilians and especially the children, but we have no vital interests in Syria that I can see.

Top Bottom