Does anyone else simply ignore "What's your bottom dollar?" PMs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You wouldn't like me if you was a car salesperson I can guarantee that. I pick out the car I want. Do research on the car. Research my trade in. Then I go to the dealer. Unlike most people I only stay about 45 minutes to maybe an hour. I tell them I want this car, here is my trade in drive it if you like.

One of the first questions that the salesperson always asks me is if I have a trade in.

So lying to a salesperson is a morally superior position than that of someone who asks a very simple yes or no question as they are counting out the money to hand over to you as they are purchasing your firearm??

Whatever my friend :wow:

Your earlier post said you tell them "Here is my trade in"
    Nobody is implying or said anything about lying but spilling your guts about a trade-in is a no no. You are not the first person to deal with a car salesman but your ethics about buying or selling firearms has put you on several do not deal with list including mine.

Just a friendly tip since we are friends, your post did refer to me as your friend. You might want to put the shovel in the shed that you keep using to dig yourself deeper in a hole.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Yes, +1.
    I take people for their word and deal like I want to be treated. This thread is bringing out some ehhhh for instances that many are taking notice of.. I hope we all can learn something here.
    I have dealt with several folks here and all I have met have been top notch. Lets keep it that way.:twocents:

Many here DO see a problem. By the time you are standing FTF with the other INGOer you have already committed to the price and the only thing left to do is to hand them the agreed upon money and they hand you the item in return. Nothing more, nothing less. . To try to even mention a lower price absent undisclosed quality issues with the item is a breach of trust and possibly contract. Once again, "ill take it" locks you in to the price on the screen. Unless you see something wrong when you inspect the item at the meetup, ANY attempt to adjust the price, no matter how polite is bad form. Unless there is a problem with the item, shut up and hand them the money you agreed on. Anything else is slimy. If you want to ask if they can come down, that needs to happen here BEFORE you commit to the deal.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't have anyone on ignore, I'll read any stupid crap someone wants to post. There is only one person here that I've sworn to never deal with until now. This guy is number 2.

Lol, now I know what it looks like when someone on your ignore list posts something.:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    HaHa I'm not sure if I will ever buy anything off of here again anyway. It would actually make life easier for me if everyone ignored my request when the sickness sets in. Always need just one more ya know. Just one more, never mind the safe is full I can surely put one more in there and that looks like a great deal. Some of you have to know what I'm talking about? But I made deal on here and someone stuck me with a firearm that won't cycle and it wasn't a cheap POS either. And it ain't like like every once in awhile it fails to cycle, it's more like pull trigger, clear, pull trigger, clear and on and on and on. Apparently it's a high dollar POS. What the heck is a person gonna do with that? Can't trade it or sell without screwing someone. I can't do anything with it. Nothing. I'm stuck with a high dollar paper weight. So yea there's much worse things that can happen and I will never feel guilty for asking after this has happened to me. Someone asking a person one time if that's the best deal they can get is small fry, not even worth a whiff or worry. There's much more to be concerned about when your buying something. So yea I'm more than a little bitter and don't really give a crap. And yea you can bet your arse I'm gonna ask you because for all I know your selling me another POS and I want the best deal I can get when I'm buying your paperweight. And anyone of you are welcome to stop by my house and check it out. Nothing like shooting a single shot high capacity. It's literally a thrill every 15 seconds.

Sure you can. Don't be so dramatic.

1:Take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired. Its a function problem, not a cracked receiver, split or bent barrel, etc.
    2: Sell it as-is at a low price while fully disclosing the behavior. Who knows, a gunsmith or handy person that knows how to make it work will probably take it off your hands at a discount. I've bought other items that I knew what was wrong (and how to fix) and got it cheap.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sure you can. Don't be so dramatic.

1:Take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired. Its a function problem, not a cracked receiver, split or bent barrel, etc.
    2: Sell it as-is at a low price while fully disclosing the behavior. Who knows, a gunsmith or handy person that knows how to make it work will probably take it off your hands at a discount. I've bought other items that I knew what was wrong (and how to fix) and got it cheap.

And even if you ended up with a lemon, sometimes that's the breaks. We don't always come up smelling like roses. If a person has never made a poor decision, then they aren't making enough decisions.

I once bought a Mosin-Nagant with a sticky bolt. Did all the things the internet said to do to fix it but it was still sticky. I sold it to a guy and not only told him it had a sticky bolt but that I tried all the "internet tricks" to get it not sticky. I told him that upfront. We were both happy with the transaction.

I'm not sure if he got it fixed, but if he did, he has a find working Mosin purchased from me at a good price that reflected a potential problem with it.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I got in my truck and left with the buyer mid-sentence due to this.

"Well.....I didn't know that's all a stripped receiver was.....I thought it came with a trigger and LPK.....I can only give you $10.....I hope you're not mad and think I'm wasting your time....."

Some people are jack wagons. That dude's on my never deal with list (and he's the only one).

Wooooooooow. $10. Lololol

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just ran across this in the classifieds. He must be reading this.

***Note: The fine print… (shamelessly stolen from hunt3rsd3n and slightly modified)

1. I am well aware of the true value of this offering.
    2. I am not in desperate need to “cash out”.
    3. I have not lost my job.
    4. I don’t owe a large tax bill.
    5. I am not getting a divorce.
    6. I don’t have some pending large debt that needs paid.
    7. My vehicles are all in good working order.
    8. These items are already priced fairly and unrealistic offers won’t be entertained or responded to.
    9. I am reporting the current condition and history of the firearm as it is known to me.
    10. This is not a garage sale and I am not “what’s your bottom dollar kinda guy.” The ad clearly states what my fair price is.
    11. I don’t take checks, credit cards, or layaways.
    12. This is a private sale, so Sales Tax is not being collected.
    13. Driving all around Indiana to make you a deal is not in my future.
    14. I won’t be bumping with “A NEW LOWER PRICE every few days.”
    15. All sales are final upon completion of the transaction.
    16. No warranties or guarantees are implied or conveyed from the Seller.
    17. I don’t care if you pay full price, you will still need a DL, LTCH, and sign a receipt when the transaction is complete. This is for your safety and my security. I don’t care where you live, but your DL and LTCH will match. I take your Name, DOB, INGO ID, and LTCH # for the receipt. I get a copy and you will as well. I do not submit my receipt to anyone and it is for my eyes only.
    18. INGO is a reputable site and I appreciate the opportunity to buy, sell, and trade goods on here. I will not place my account, standing, or conscious in jeopardy to cut corners or bypass any current laws in the completion of this transaction. INGO is not an avenue to pass legal firearms into the hands of suspect individuals

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah and he has 50 posts.
    Even if his item wasn't overpriced, No one would buy from him with that ridiculous list anyways

If you are an active member here you know who most of us are.
    I do not share that much info with an LGS to buy a gun and I will not to buy or sell one through here.
    Doubt he has much success.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just ran across this in the classifieds. He must be reading this.

:laugh:
    What item is this?

edit:
    Yep, found him. Looks like another non-participating member that wants us to enjoy his wares. Hit his 50 almost 4 years ago and never bothered after that. I wouldn't buy from him based on that alone, with his "fine print" it's just laughable. Even has duplicate ads and an ad from 2013 that's still open.

Glad we can be his free marketplace.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom