• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    thinking about investing in a galco one (classic lite, miami classic) for my 1911. there are some good prices on ebay. just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? i am somewhat partial to this mode of carry as i spend a fair amount of time in a car and having a 1911 on my hip isnt the most comfortable experience.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Not familiar with that particular rig, but used a shoulder rig w/my 38 all last winter. I always have on a jacket, and even with it zipped 1/3 of the way, it is very concealed. Plus, if you have to draw, you can be very subtle about hand on weapon, like you're scratching your side or something

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    all the time during the colder months, anytime i can wear a jacket or vest over it as some semblance of concealment. frankly i love it, its far more comfortable, ive used vertical but i prefer horizontal, easier to draw. keeping spare mags on the opposite side really helps balance the weight too, if i was ballsy enough to open carry thats how i'd always carry it

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I carry a galco jackass rig, I like it but I mostly use it in the winter when I wear a coat. It can also get a bit heavy on the shoulder with a fullsize and 2 mags and I have trouble with is kinda rubbing my neck or more of bunching my T-shirt up around my neck, I usually were a thick collared polo under it and It's not bad. It still seems like I have to adjust my shirt alot but mabey that will straighten out with break in time.
    I think I found the nylon ones more comfortable but I just dig the leather.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I tried shoulder carrying a SIG 229, and didn't like it. Mostly the thickness was the problem.

I still do carry a SIG 232 that way for "business suit" occasions. I like it. Flat and thin is what you want in a shoulder holster gun.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I carry a beretta 92fs,don't have one for any of the Sigs yet. I dont have the tiedowns yet, I am going to get some just to have and try out, may help with the shirt issue, you would need some if you broke into a jog or something I would think.
    "I think the slide on the 229 is wider than the 226's" I'm gonna compare them before I go to bed but it seems like the 229 "40" is a wide gun.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have a leather rig. I don't know the maker. I have the pistol on my left and 2 mags on my right. It holds the pistol in place pretty well.

I usually carry this way in the fall/winter or to weddings when I have a suit coat on.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    thinking about investing in a galco one (classic lite, miami classic) for my 1911. there are some good prices on ebay. just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? i am somewhat partial to this mode of carry as i spend a fair amount of time in a car and having a 1911 on my hip isnt the most comfortable experience.

Bianchi

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    The nice thing about the Jackass is it is a bikini. It fits Gov't, Commanders and Officer size to the best of my knowledge. Mine is very tight and leaves leather crubbies on the finish but should get better over time. I had to whittle some of the rubber tensioner because it was dragging on my PT1911 trigger guard.

I am looking for a better harness since my shoulders are so wide along with everything else.lol

I think I want to get the really wide scalloped harness for OC and to try and stop the bunching of the shirt syndrome.

Masters Gunleather makes a perfect entry level $105 rig with tie downs. I got mine for my cd sub and it was very nice for the $.

Holsterama on ebay was where I got mine. Excellent service and shipping!

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    I also have the jackass for 1911. It is my favorite method for carry. They conceal well under my left arm and I can carry with it year round with a t-shirt and a lightweight button up (unbuttoned) to cover. Very comfortable in the truck as I am a heavyweight myself and if I have my gun on my hip, it normally ends up in the console. The jackass is a 1 size fits all for me as I can carry either a fullsize or my OACP.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have galco shoulder rigs for both 1911's and S&W 19/66 2 1/2 inch round butt revolvers. I use them most the time when I am wearing sweats or shorts and t-shirts. They are comfortable and functional.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I just got a classic lite for my p95 and i love itshoulder carrying is really growing on me. It's really comfortable and i've found that i don't need the tie downs. Galco is a little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for :yesway:.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Years ago I tried shoulder carry with a Colt .45 Double Eagle in a Galco Miami Classic rig. It was so uncomfortable that I gave the holster away and went back to IWB after about 2 weeks.

Top Bottom