does people like the millennium pro pt140 taurus?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I don't like anything to do with Taurus. but thats just me, then again i love the Ruger P95 as my carry gun, so what do i know.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Why is it too big to carry?:dunno: I carry a PT745 every waking moment, sometimes on my belt, sometimes pocket carry. Are you an elf? I have never had issues of any type with the 745 Millineum Pro.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I had one for a while... it never worked. It would fail-to-feed at least once every magazine. The main recoil spring appeared to be damaged so I contacted their customer service. 3 times they sent me the wrong spring. I finally gave up and gave it back to my brother (who had loaned it to me). I suppose it could have been sent back to them, but honestly at that point it just wasn't worth the $50 to ship it to them.

I have heard a lot of people who have had great experiences with them, but everyone I have personally known have had bad experiences with them (2 for 2, mine and a friend's). I think it just depends on the one you get. My big complaint was that the customer service couldn't send me the right part in 3 tries.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I had one for a while... it never worked. It would fail-to-feed at least once every magazine. The main recoil spring appeared to be damaged so I contacted their customer service. 3 times they sent me the wrong spring. I finally gave up and gave it back to my brother (who had loaned it to me). I suppose it could have been sent back to them, but honestly at that point it just wasn't worth the $50 to ship it to them.

I have heard a lot of people who have had great experiences with them, but everyone I have personally known have had bad experiences with them (2 for 2, mine and a friend's). I think it just depends on the one you get. My big complaint was that the customer service couldn't send me the right part in 3 tries.

I have had multiple days of "plinking" where I have run 250 rounds through mine without problems. One time I didnt even clean it and shot another 250 rounds through it a month later. I have shot Magtech FMJ and hollowpoints, WWB, Federal FMJ, and Golden Sabres without ANY problems.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have had multiple days of "plinking" where I have run 250 rounds through mine without problems. One time I didnt even clean it and shot another 250 rounds through it a month later. I have shot Magtech FMJ and hollowpoints, WWB, Federal FMJ, and Golden Sabres without ANY problems.

I think you are in the majority too... I think you either get a great one or a dud. My concern was how the dud was handled. It didn't instill a lot of confidence.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've fired probably a dozen different manufacturers ammo through my 745, which is basically the same gun as the 140. Never had any issues at all. I ran 200 to 250 rounds through it before I began carrying it, because I had heard some folks had trouble with Taurus. To me, it's the perfect carry weapon, right size, 6 +1 capacity. Works great for me.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have the pt111 and carry it all the time in a Don Hume IWB and carry it great. It is a nice size easy to shoot and has fairly smooth sides so it is more comfortable against my skin. My buddy has a pt 140 pro and did have a problem with the magazine falling out of it, so we sent it back to taurus and got it back 3 weeks later and never a problem again. He carries his daily in a fobus paddle roto-holster.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got a PT-145 that I'm putting rounds through to check reliability as my carry gun. A hundred rounds of various FMJ and JHP (seven variants) yesterday without a significant issue. A couple hundred more and this will replace the PT-709 I carry now.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i have a pt145 with right around 500 rounds threw and and never had any issues with factory loads, just a few fail to feeds with lead reloads. I carry it everyday in a comp-tac iwb or a fobus paddle holster no issues at all.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I had a 3rd gen PT111, and carried it daily for a few years. Traded it on a Glock 19, and haven't looked back. I liked that Taurus, and I never had any trouble with it, but it did not compare to the Glock.

Top Bottom