• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I've been trying for 6 days to finish my Form1 application and most of the time it was down for maintenance, even I got through that, 9 out of 10 times I'd get an error msg saying "a connection to the server failed".

WhoTF is in charge of this crap.

rant over.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yep, you just have to keep trying, sucks but it should still save many months of waiting. I got my 2 Form 1s in after a few days.

"Regular maintenance" is going on more than actual uptime it would seem, it is a gov website so I'm not too surprised.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I got stuck at the last step of the application which is "pay and submit". for the last 2 days I have been trying to get it through with credit card in my hand, at least 50 attempts, morning, afternoon, lunch hour, dinner hour, midnight, etc. still, not happening.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    well, I finally got it submitted!!!!

it was kinda iffy when the web page freezes after I paid via pay.gov right around midnight. I couldn't get on till 6 o'clock this morning. tried multiple times to have it submitted, it went through around 7:20 and an application number was issued.

I'll keep this thing updated whenever I can.

just to clearify, I'm doing an DIY Form 1, not as an FFL.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I have stopped offering Eforms for the time being. I think BGF is about to stop also.

It works .01% of the time right now.

I wouldn't use a dealer that doesn't offer eForms, I would rather the initial process take a week and save months in wait time. My dealer took about a day or 2 to process 3 suppressors and it took me about a week for 2 form 1s. I'd rather wait 3-4 months vs 9 anytime. I don't know your business but I just wanted to offer my feedback as a buyer.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    apparently their applications uses an older version of JSF that has performance issues. I strongly recommend everyone hit the site after the noon reboote @ 12-1 and use the site after 1. I have done it twice now and both times is was very speedy using the outdated version of IE they require. It sucks, it is a PITA, but it can be done if you do the right timing/planning.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I wouldn't use a dealer that doesn't offer eForms, I would rather the initial process take a week and save months in wait time. My dealer took about a day or 2 to process 3 suppressors and it took me about a week for 2 form 1s. I'd rather wait 3-4 months vs 9 anytime. I don't know your business but I just wanted to offer my feedback as a buyer.

Being from Dayton you can't buy from Corey anyway.

Eforms sucks. It is killing our business because we have to submit forms within 24 hours of creating a firearm, and the POS is always down. We end up having to paper form the Form 2, so there is getting to be no benefit to using it. Honestly I wish they would set up one site for B2B and another for B2C.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH

Eforms sucks. It is killing our business because we have to submit forms within 24 hours of creating a firearm, and the POS is always down. We end up having to paper form the Form 2, so there is getting to be no benefit to using it. Honestly I wish they would set up one site for B2B and another for B2C.

My location isn't really relevant since I'm sure that the desire to have a shorter wait time is pretty universal.

I can see how eForms affect you and you make a very valid point for manufacturers but for a dealer the item is already made so the time constraints are different.

I was just offering my sentiment as an NFA buyer. I'm sure that anyone who has gone through the process of forming a trust would prefer to use a dealer that makes the most of their effort and works hard to cut their wait time by using eForms. The reason why I am buying 4 suppressors from one guy is because he works really hard to make sure the customer is happy. If he had told me that he doesn't do eForms then I would have simply went somewhere else.

I'm going to make the wild assumption that folks in Indiana are not so different from this resident of Ohio in this matter.

Also, I am not trying to call out any one business person in Indiana, just offering a general statement.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011

The issue is not having enough computing capacity and a memory leak in their crappy JSF app. Fix both and the issues would go away...but I don't see this administration doing much to make this process eaiser.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Yeah I've been holding back too since he said a new Guardian 9 announcement was coming...I wish they were better at keeping us updated.

Hoping I'll also hear anything about a Guardian/Kestrel 45. All the current offerings are more than I'm looking to spend when I know Huntertown could bring a comparable product to market for half the price.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm a big fan of the Efile system. Yeah - the website is temperamental, but I bring my work home with me and file from my desk at the house. Is it worth it? Yeah, considering you save 9-12 months off the wait. When I manufacture, I file via fax. Solves that problem.

Sometimes it takes me a few days to get the forms filed, but what's 72 hours compared to the additional 300 days of waiting?

Top Bottom