• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    This is from my Ring.com doorbell camea this morning at 8:31 this morning. I was not expecting anyone. I live out in the country and my hose is well off the road and concealed with a lot of trees. We do not get many visitors other than UPS guy.

Here it is: [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/48roqf18x5d42qp/spook.mp4?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox.com/s/48roqf18x5d42qp/spook.mp4?dl=0

Here is a youtube link:
    https://youtu.be/vYLXPAZGVMM

Here are the things that make me suspisous:
    1. I have no idea who he is or why he is at my door.
    2. He was only at the door for 7 seconds after he rang the bell.
    3. His left hand is concealing something?
    4. Some type of knife or weapon in his right watch poket?

I was
    notablereact with my phone quickly enough to talk to him.

Should I send this to my local Hendricks County Sheriff in case some neighbor in the area got robbed today?

I would like to hear what you think. I ordered another camera to cover the driveway and
    pickuplicence plate info.

I did come home from 20 minutes away, put the car in the garage, and wait for him if he returned.

I will be home and ready for him tomorrow if he comes back.

Thanks,

Tom

Sorry, that link messed up my text colour and underline.

[/URL]

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes.

It stutters when I least want it to stutter, but watch his face. The instant he realizes he's on video he gets stuck in Observe/Orient for a second, then immediately leaves.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't know if I'd call him suspicious, but that dude certainly looked shady. One doesn't go door-to-door collecting donations for orphans dressed like that.

Do you have neighbors with pets prone to getting loose? Is it conceivable he found a dog in the road?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You gonna get raped.

But seriously, given your off the beaten path location, I would probably call the sheriff and report it.
    Non emergency number of course.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Neither linky no worky for me either.

ETA: but I think you have answered your own question.

When we get far enough into the thread to go off on tangents, I'd like to know how you like Ring.com.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Both those links worked for me. That was odd. As well as tell the sheriff, might show them a still pic or the video if they'll look at it, they might recognize him

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Oh I don't know but I am sure as hell getting one of those cameras. He didn't look all around, or act too suspicious, no hoodie or gloves, may just be setting you up for later.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    We have one of these doorbells and a few of the cameras as well. They have a function you can link with others in a neighborhood to "share" stuff like this. Great Idea

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'd contact the local authorities and share the video or print out some photos for them. Too bad you can't see what's to the right of the door way when he exited the camera's view.
    I don't want him at my door.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It sounds like the consensus is what you feared to begin with, this guy is up to no good. Take preparatory actions. Notify the constabulary. I would, this is why I have cameras watching my drive and all approaches to the house.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. I'll be the contrarian. Maybe he's not up to no good. Maybe he's soliciting work? :dunno:

Maybe he wants to see if you want your gutters cleaned. New roof? Lawn service? You can tell by his britches hoisting he's a hard working handyman. He just wants to see if you need your driveway sealed. Maybe he drives a meat truck. He's probably a Jehovah's Witness coming to save you. Well. Maybe not that. I didn't see the "watchtower" pamplets. But anyway...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes.

It stutters when I least want it to stutter, but watch his face. The instant he realizes he's on video he gets stuck in Observe/Orient for a second, then immediately leaves.

I'm with BBI. He didn't stay at the door nearly long enough to see if someone was actually home, and when does he cut out? After he looks right into the camera. I don't think he was trying to conceal anything, even though he has a knife visible in his pocket.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Observe/orient? Maybe. I thought that look on his face was the look you get when you realize what you just passed wasn't just air.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    He spots the camera and takes off. That's a flag. If he was legit (selling something) he wouldn't give up so quick after walking down your long driveway. Who carries a knife like that?

I'd tighten up the defenses and definitely show this to the sheriff, they might know the guy.

Top Bottom