• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Not married but my Girlfriend and I have been steady for 2 years. She has her own gun with more coming when she wants it. She pays for my guns as christmas and birthday gifts as long as they are pretty types. She wanted her own 357 first but I found a really good deal on a Sig P238. It was on her list so she snagged it. She still keeps my S&W 28 in HER dresser till she gets her own. She shoots it alot better and likes the 357 mag power alot more than that little 380. Too bad she never wants to carry.

Last edited:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    My wife CC a Taurus Ultra lite .38. She also originally got her LTCH so if need be I could leave my EDC with her and she would be legal. She's always enjoyed shooting and is an excellent shot. Now she CC carries and sleeps with her 38. Her favorite HDW is my Marlin 1894 44 mag. with the 38 as backup.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    My wife does not carry a gun but she does have her own. I tried repeatedly to talk her into a small 9mm, maybe an LC9 or something similar. But she didn't want a "girl" gun. Since I like Rugers we looked at them. She picked out an LCR .357 and loves it. She is an excellent shot with it too.

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    My wife has her own gun, a Makarov that she has permenantly borrowed from me and also has her LTCH but does not carry till she feels more proficient with it. Lessons coming her way next spring.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My wife and i are going gun shopping for her next week. Im kind of reluctant to get her one, i would bet she looses the dang thing in less than a month the way she takes care of things. But i bope it sparks a passion for shooting. It would be nice dor us to shoot together.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    My wife was very anti gun back in Feb. At this point in time, she has one that is hers and another one on a list. She is angry that the ISP is dragging their feet issuing her LTCH.

We're going boating this weekend though (last hurrah of the summer).. hope I don't lose our guns :/

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If you are married half are hers already, why does she need one with her name on it?:D

Actually ALL of them are co-hers if you are married. All property is co-owned in a marriage.

To the original point, my wife has her own handgun X 6, her own shotgun, big bore rifle, and .22 rifle. She picked them all out. She CCs almost all the time and sometime carries two handguns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Actually ALL of them are co-hers if you are married. All property is co-owned in a marriage.

:yesway:

But too the OPs point. Mrs. Vert has purchased 4 guns from a dealer on a form 4473. So those are technically hers I suppose.

As far as guns we keep spdcifically for her. Walther P22 and a Walther PK380. Mrs. VERT is a huge advocate for gun ownership and even concealed carry. She does keep the PK380 for home defense. She does have her LTCH. She does not carry outside the home because she does not want to be inconvenienced with a gun. That is her educated choice and I respect the decision..

Edit: I think it is important to mention that when I met Mrs. VERT over 18 years ago, she was a self described gun hater and Bill Clinton youth. My how times change!

Last edited:

smithy24365

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    She originally had a Kel Tec p 32 a and thought it was too anemic besides it hurt her hand so we went gun shopping, he he fun.
    we went to a local gun shop in Northwest Indiana that has a large variety and they don't mind taking things off the shelf "Blyths" She didn't like any of the micro 9mm Or the .380's or anything that didn't have a hammer on it . I don't know where that came from but I sure do love the girle ! . So we're at the counter and she's looking at this and she's looking at that there's about a half dozen pistols on the counter , and blindly she lays her hand on a HK usp 9mm (variant 1) and turning her head says "Oh!" I like the way this one feals"
    They just know, dont they!
    Long story short 2 days later I found a cherry law enforcement trade in for about half the price.:rockwoot:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Yes and yes!! My wife owns and shoots. She has an XD9SC (EDC), P22, PK380, Mossberg 500 20ga, Ruger 10/22, Marlin 795, and a Rock River AR.

Yeah, I love that woman!!! :D

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    My wife owns an XDsc in 9mm, but doesn't carry it often. I'm working on that....

She enjoys shooting and is a very good shot, but just hasn't added the carry part to her daily routine.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Yup, Lisa has four.

Beretta PX4 SC in .40 (carry gun)
    Walther P22
    Ruger Mark 1
    Custom built/painted AR15 in 5.56 with .22 conversion

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    My wife has her own. She doesn't carry and doesn't shoot as often as I do, but she does like to shoot.
    She has a Mini 14 .223, a Sig 239 9mm, and an SP101 DAO .357.

Top Bottom