• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I can't find a quick link, but there was a story on the news this morning about a reporter trying to interview a lady. The lady being interviewed got upset and sent her two pit bulls (i think?) to attack the reporter. Per the video, they did not seem "vicious"...probably did scare the reporter...but would the reporter, camera man, or a bystander been justified in shooting the dogs in the attack?

Just trying to get a feel for what is deemed OK, vs not....ie a true attack vs being scared, etc.

Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw this on the news last night. She was being bitten and chased. I am wondering why the freaking camera man did not a damn thing to help her.
    Myself....dog is dead camera or not.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I saw the video. The dog would not have made it that close to me. I dog dogs. don't get me wrong. But sending one to attack me would not end well for the dog. Or the person when I am done with the dog. Just saying...

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Videography was much more important to the camera man. Sic a dog on me and I'm likely gonna shoot - pepper spray if I have it, .45 spray if I don't.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's a ****** wonder she didn't get hit by a car too.

I wonder if animal control has paid a visit to that house yet?

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Not Defending

but those dogs didn't seem to viscious, and they looked kinda small. Is that the normal size for that breed? Both of those dogs looked like they wanted to play more than kill to me. Ive been chased by a badass mutt that probably weighed 90lbs, he got ahold of my foot and it hurt even through my shoe. I ended up kicking that son of a *****(no Pun intended) square in the snout and he changed his attitude right away. He is my neighbors dog, hence I did not want to kill until it couldn't be any other way. He is very nice to me now.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    It depends on the state. In Indiana, yes it would have been a perfectly acceptable form of self defense.

Top Bottom