• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I have emailed Gov. Holcomb numerous times. Never a response, not even from an intern working for the associate deputy assistant to the attendant underling legman.
    There is one way to send him a message that I know he will get and pay attention to and that is to vote for Rainwater. All politicians, and all of the consultants they hire to advise them, look at all of the polls in great detail. Not the pre-election polls, the actual polls showing the numbers of votes cast.
    He has paid no attention to my concerns about lockdowns etc., but he will pay attention to the number of votes taken away by Rainwater, Lucas and any others.
    The Survey USA poll suggests that Holcomb has a large lead over Myers. Personally, I am willing to take the small risk of a Myers win to send the gov a message I know he will get.
    Just an FYI, I know from speaking to more that a few state reps and senators that the Republicans in the Indiana legislature are not particularly fond of Gov. Holcomb. I'm not saying they would be just as happy to work against a Gov. Myers as a Gov. Holcomb, because I do not know that. But, I'm pretty sure many of them care little for Gov. Holcomb.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol the libertarian candidate. She has no chance of winning. I think she’s a democrat in libertarian clothing honestly.

https://jo20.com/

Well I am glad he is sleeping better after that.......:faint:
    Yup. We are never gonna win this fight.

Its your vote peoples. All yours. Do with it as you will. Please.
    Use it/loose it/abuse it. No worries. Just don't brag when you crap it away OK.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well I am glad he is sleeping better after that.......:faint:
    Yup. We are never gonna win this fight.

Its your vote peoples. All yours. Do with it as you will. Please.
    Use it/loose it/abuse it. No worries. Just don't brag when you crap it away OK.

Yep. I’d crawl over hot coals and broken glass to vote for trump. Bunch of family and friends that’s never voted are voting trump this year. I love it. I couldn’t see the point in throwing my vote away to “make a point” or statement, but I respect red a lot so I’m sure he has his reason for doing so. I just can’t imagine not liking trump

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. I’d crawl over hot coals and broken glass to vote for trump. Bunch of family and friends that’s never voted are voting trump this year. I love it. I couldn’t see the point in throwing my vote away to “make a point” or statement, but I respect red a lot so I’m sure he has his reason for doing so. I just can’t imagine not liking trump

Oh I am not knocking or calling him out. To the contrary actually.
    But no, who is that woman again....???????

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oh I am not knocking or calling him out. To the contrary actually.
    But no, who is that woman again....???????
    Lol it’s funny, at work I was talking about her and nobody knew who she was. Same with my parents. They all asked the same question... WHO?! I couldn’t vote for somebody that 90% of the people don’t even know.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have always thought that the Libertarian party would do better as a faction of the Republican party. On their own, they have a just slightly higher than 0 percent chance of winning. Staying their own party, I don't know why they don't concentrate more of their energies at the local level.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have always thought that the Libertarian party would do better as a faction of the Republican party. On their own, they have a just slightly higher than 0 percent chance of winning. Staying their own party, I don't know why they don't concentrate more of their energies at the local level.

Because they are an empty shell with no content.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Because they are an empty shell with no content.

I agree with that. It seems that, once you get past their "legalize drugs", they have nothing else. I am sypathetic to many of the positions they supposedly support, but have never seen a single plan put forward by them that would actually work.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree with that. It seems that, once you get past their "legalize drugs", they have nothing else. I am sypathetic to many of the positions they supposedly support, but have never seen a single plan put forward by them that would actually work.

A platform is meaningless without the political critical mass to support it. Their "legalize drugs" campaign (literally, "legalize liberty") has traction only because neither of the legitimate parties have seriously embraced decriminalization on their platform. Our government is drunk on the power the war on drugs gives them, and both sides want just a little more.

Their platform neuters the centralized authority coveted by our ruling class. Both sides of the status quo gain from minimizing the Libertarian Party, and both the democratic and republican media wings churn out content in hopes of delegitimizing any stand they take.

I think a lot of people are fed up with the status quo, but it gets expressed by flipping the coin to the other side...but it's just the same damned coin. Our system is exclusively two-party...it's a glaring fault in the design of our government. IF enough people support it, the libertarians COULD become one side of that coin...at least for a while.

The problem with that is when every issue has to be forced into a win-or-loss false dichotomy in order to be dealt with, the names and platforms of the parties don't really matter much...in the end those two players will look just about like the two we have today.

There are some really good arguments for abandoning the federal system we have in favor of a parliamentary system, the forced false dichotomy is a big one.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I voted Libertarian once. Then later I realized I did it because of what other people would think about me and my vote rather than what I actually wanted to vote for. Lesson learned, won’t do that again. (Vote based on what others think)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom