• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B-lou

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    Dont know how many units of FFP (fresh frozen plasma) I received but it was quite a few, lost count of blood transfusions after 20 something so for everyone that donated Thanks Bob

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Necro bump. Covid has been good to me. With a proof of positive test results covid donors get $200 per donation, you can do it 2x a week and if you don't skip the "donations" #6,7,8 are $300 each.
    I mean I have a grown-up job but there is just something sweeter about "extra money".

Well, convalescent plasma certainly has value these days. Natural plasma with antibodies seems like it would be far safer than many of the drugs that are being rushed into use right now.

So, good for you and those you are helping. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow... I remember when plasma only got you $10 per donation back in my college days. But, if you found 2 other friends to go with you, that $30 was enough to buy a keg of beer! :rockwoot:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Necro bump. Covid has been good to me. With a proof of positive test results covid donors get $200 per donation, you can do it 2x a week and if you don't skip the "donations" #6,7,8 are $300 each.
    I mean I have a grown-up job but there is just something sweeter about "extra money".

Where? I got $100 per at both Grifols and CSL until my antigen level dropped (after missing 4-1/2 weeks due to a colonoscopy).

And CSL is paying $70 per for new donors (no COVID) for the first 5 donations then between $40-51 per thereafter.

B-lou

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    I had 14 major surgeries An Lvad implanted a heart transplant and a kidney transplant notto mention all the other surgeries to fix complications......leak is fixed now

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008

Yes, when they first started doing the donations it was $325 a pop, twice a week. The wife and I really enjoyed the extra $1,300 a week for a couple months. Bought me a motorcycle and took us to disney this month lol. Neither of us knew we had it, but her being a nurse was informed to get tested for the antibodies for this purpose, and we both were positive.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Where? I got $100 per at both Grifols and CSL until my antigen level dropped (after missing 4-1/2 weeks due to a colonoscopy).

And CSL is paying $70 per for new donors (no COVID) for the first 5 donations then between $40-51 per thereafter.

Sounds like the place my wife and I were using when they were doing 325 for every donation. Saturn Biomedical on Madison Avenue by University of Indianapolis.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

At saturn bio south side. I was going to grifols but it was 1/2 the $.
    Side note, I found it impressive that all the pokers on the draining floor are seasoned emt's with ambulance time. Not just phlebotomists.

Top Bottom