• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    It seems to me, as I watch our elected officials prattle on about how to next infringe on our rights, that something has gone terribly wrong.

On some level every American is in fear of the government, we have the Irs, tsa, batf, osha, homeland security, patriot act, the list goes on forever. Some of these organizations are little more than terrorist cells in waiting,all of them have the ability to make your life hell!

When this great republic was founded, I believe the idea was that the government was to fear " we the people" by giving us voting rights. Well, out of laziness,boredom,or the blurring of political lines, huge numbers of voters do not vote. They no longer fear us! Now we just get the guy with the best giveaway program, whether they know how to balance a check book or not.

So, I think if we could get every gun owner in America to donate a dollar we should erect a large bronze image of a guillotine on the capitol grounds, you know, just to remind them of who is in charge. It should have an appropriate message inscribed on the base.
    Funds left over from the statue should be used to relocate the UN to a more secure location, like Libya, or we could take a vote on that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can see the amusement in this thought; However, I would caution you that removing this post may be a wise idea given that it could be perceived as a credible threat by the vivid imaginations that roam the District of Columbia these days. It would be a shorter stretch than, say, the incident in which a child in school took a bite out of a piece of bread leaving a shape that vaguely resembled a gun and proceeded to 'wield' it as such, resulting in his suspension from school--over a piece of bread.

Be careful what you say. Be very careful.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I advocated no act of treason, nor incitement of violence, I will retract nothing!

While I have no personal argument with anyone on this site, I find your willingness to surrender your first amendment rights abhorrent. Should I be arrested for excersizing my right of free speech, would no one stand with me, would no come to my aid, if not, then all is lost.

Listen carefully ladies and gentlemen, I hear the sound of sobbing from Mr. Jeffersons tomb.

Top Bottom