• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I just stopped in Don's to kill about five minutes. I got to the 1st case and saw a Ruger LCP for $599.99. I turned around and walked out. I have a p3AT, so I'm not looking for a LCP, I was just so disgusted in their prices that I walked out.

MSRP for the Ruger LCP was $330, raised to $347, and is currently $364 (US).[5 (from Wikipedia)

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    You will never, ever, ever find a "deal" at Don's Guns. Period.

They want to sell you ONE gun and never see you again. They've made more profit from that one transaction than they would've had keeping you as a customer for years - and there's a lot less hassle.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    After I bought my Taurus 709 at the last 1500 I stopped in to use the range real quick and run a few rounds through it. I bought it for $360 they had the same gun in the case at $749!!!! Thank god I bought ammo at the show as well as they were charging $26/ box for S&B ball. UGG never again.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    They try to tell you "We are running a special for 10% off all guns today" I have herd this everytime I stopped by there over the many years they have been in indianapolis west side. I always just wanna tell them GTFO. Range prices are ridiculous as well as firearm prices.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I want to go there on a field trip with some fellow INGOers.

Morbid curiousity, kinda like when I have new people visit Michigan and they say "Let's go see some parts of Detroit that are off the main drags...."

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I did once, buy something from Don's. I JUST got back into shooting and just arrived in Indy, so I stopped in. I bought a used Witness .45 full steel frame pistol for 399. I talked them down and down, finally got an old guy (not Don) who was willing to let it out the door for 399, instead of the 599 they had on it "on sale".

They did give me a free range time, which I promptly left after I felt something whiz past my head when shooting and a deep gouge in the wall behind me. :D

I always suggest folks look elsewhere. When I found Plainfield, I never looked back! :D

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Stay away from there. No deals at Don's guns. They also buy guns from people who are uneducated about firearms and they require that they have an asking price for their firearm even if they know nothing about it. I've seen a few people bring in nice guns that they inherited or came to own some other way and they get $100 or so, a fraction of what the guns are actually worth.

Straight from their web site:

We will make you an offer on all guns and related items. It makes no difference to us if it's one gun or a room full. If we can get together, we will pay you in CASH.
    We MUST SEE THE GUN, and there are no prices given over the phone.
    You must tell us what you want for your firearm.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    To steal a little from the Dave Chapelle show.........

Don's Guns makes Gander Mountain look like Plainfield Shooting Supply ;)

Top Bottom