• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Just got back from dons guns, i had been calling around tryin to find a shop that still had a glock 17 Dons said they did but wouldnt tell me the price. when i got there i quickly saw why they still had one and why they would say the price. THEIR PRICES ARE ABSOLUTLY OUTRAGEOUS!!! 799 for a glock thats 200-280 over other shops!

IXC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    They are known for this type of pricing. Never seen anything there within $100 of any other store

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Don's doesn't have to worry about competitive pricing. There are enough straw purchases there going back into the People's Republic of Chicago that they can set any price they want.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Don's doesn't have to worry about competitive pricing. There are enough straw purchases there going back into the People's Republic of Chicago that they can set any price they want.

The neighborhood supports him too.

Probably a 30 point IQ drop within a 5 mile radius of that store, as compared to the rest of the city.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    Supr high prices are business as usual at Don's + the (wouldnt tell me the price) phone call. You really shoud have seen that price gouge coming.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Yeah, all those stupid people in Carmel.

Really? Don Davis has a gun store in Carmel?

images

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Just got back from dons guns, i had been calling around tryin to find a shop that still had a glock 17 Dons said they did but wouldnt tell me the price. when i got there i quickly saw why they still had one and why they would say the price. THEIR PRICES ARE ABSOLUTLY OUTRAGEOUS!!! 799 for a glock thats 200-280 over other shops!
    And I bet it was used:laugh:

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    The last time I was at Don's was about two and a half years ago. They were selling an Oly-Arms AR15 with a $30 dollar red dot and cheap-o bipod on it for $2000.

I also saw glocks going for around 8-900 dollars. Yea, I popped smoke and got the hell out of there, and never plan on going back.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Bad shopping protocol

C'mon! You gave them a heads up you were coming to see particular gun! That gives them time to get out the some-fool-is-coming-see-this-gun price tag! If you want to pay a price that's only slightly ridiculous, you have to sneak up on the place!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    They're the only source locally that sells 5.7x28 so I begrudgingly have to make a trip there. I notice behind a wall theres a large see through tupperware of AR mags they're holding back as well as some mags for my FN. I ask how much said mags are and was told, any mags above 10 rounds are $100 each.

Also one of the only shops that has AKs and black rifles on the wall. At $1300 for the AKs and $4000 and $5000 for the ARs they just know someone is going to bite due to their popularity and the panic.

Top Bottom