• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    8911443_G.jpg

Social media photos show boyfriend pointing pistol at girlfriend - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
    Chilling photos posted to social media by an Arkansas woman shortly before her death show her boyfriend pointing a pistol at her head.
    Rafael Gonzalez pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to the killing of his girlfriend Stephanie Hernandez.

According to the arrest affidavit, a friend said that Gonzalez "accidentally shot Hernandez" and that he "routinely plays around with a pistol."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    People tend to post real stupid things to the internet.

I'm currently commenting in an /r/edc thread. OP posted a picture of his gun, with a marijuana device. May not warrant a felony on the surface... but implies that he likely breaks the law with regards to marijuana and firearms possession.

People ain't smart.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I hate stupid people. The outcome really sucks but she seems ok with him pointing a gun at her. If someone points a gun at me we have problems.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know what - as that whole situation sinks in, it actually might have been fortuitous that she posted it. Otherwise, the gun might've been found in her hand and dude might've claimed it was a suicide.

Sometimes it sucks being a cynic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People tend to post real stupid things to the internet.

I'm currently commenting in an /r/edc thread. OP posted a picture of his gun, with a marijuana device. May not warrant a felony on the surface... but implies that he likely breaks the law with regards to marijuana and firearms possession.

People ain't smart.

Real "STOOOOPID" people post "STOOOPID" things on the internet.

Hard as we try "STOOOPID" can not be fixed only adjusted. But not by much.

Idiots tend to stay idiots as it is a lot easier that being somebody.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Plenty of older people think and act the same way.

Back in the 80's there was a lot of talk about the young people's bad behavior in the infield during Derby and about how much "better" things were back in the day...CJ printed an article about it showing all of the crazy stuff going on, nudity, drugs, sex, alcohol binge drinking, gropes, etc.....

Then at the end of the article they posted the date the article was written...May, 1927....

Nothing new under the sun and idiocy has no expiration date....

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It's not all young people. We have some amazing kids here.

I don't disagree with you and perhaps my original statement was too "general" in nature. Since I was a child of the 60s-70s I just don't recall this type of thing happening with the frequency I see today. Of course there was no internet, cell phones, or video games when I was young. For fun we played unorganized sports until it got dark or the kid who had the ball had to leave. I never thought back then I would say that I grew up in a different era but I guess I did.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't disagree with you and perhaps my original statement was too "general" in nature. Since I was a child of the 60s-70s I just don't recall this type of thing happening with the frequency I see today. Of course there was no internet, cell phones, or video games when I was young. For fun we played unorganized sports until it got dark or the kid who had the ball had to leave. I never thought back then I would say that I grew up in a different era but I guess I did.

Sigh. Yep, and I learned firearm safety and basic shooting from my Dad, who made darned sure I took safety to heart. I guess we grew up in a different era if we actually wanted to please our parents when we were young. And so many kids today can't learn anything from their father 'cause he's not in the picture. Connection?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sigh. Yep, and I learned firearm safety and basic shooting from my Dad, who made darned sure I took safety to heart. I guess we grew up in a different era if we actually wanted to please our parents when we were young. And so many kids today can't learn anything from their father 'cause he's not in the picture. Connection?

Yep, a lot has changed in my lifetime, very little of the changes are for the better. When I was young, there were no "No fault" divorces, there was no "welfare" as it is today ~ the only welfare was meted out by the Township Trustee on an individual basis. Yeah, most ladies did not have enough finance's to allow them to make a decision to divorce their husband for minor annoyances. Many "troubled" marriages did work out and became happy after a year or so. So children did grow up in a family. In the small northern Indiana town I was raised in were many activities for children ~ most of us worked for farms or store owners by the time we were in our early teens, and almost all attended church fairly regularly. Although we did some mischievous things, rarely did any damage anyone or cause much damage to property.

We learned at an early age that if we wanted anything we had to EARN it by working (not filling out welfare paperwork). There were no "free meals" - think a lot of unemployed people today that say they can't find a job, would quickly find work ~ even at a fast food joint or gas station ~ if they missed a meal or two!

We were taught to respect our elders, even those who didn't deserve it other than by age. There were no AD students because the cure was a ruler rap on the noggin from your teacher. If children got into a fight in school like I have seen on the news lately, the teachers would have separated them immediately, one or both would have received a hard paddling, and sent home with a note requiring the parents to come in and discuss the problem. Then 99% of these students would receive a much worse punishment at home!

We ~ almost every boy ~ had fired a gun by the time they were 8 or 9. All were taught basic firearm safety (can't remember any being injured by a firearm) and almost all of us hunted alone in our early teens. 90+% of all homes had firearms prominently displayed, usually near the back door with ammo stored on a shelf near the firearm. These were used to rid farms of predators like weasels, fox etc. that preyed on the chickens or new born livestock. None of my friends or I touched any firearm without permission.

I'm sure part of the issue we see today is just the fact that ANY death or injury caused by a firearm is reported by the liberal media across the nation within minutes of happening, while deaths from drugs, drowning, auto crashes (even if intentional), poisonings, beatings, arson and other causes are only reported locally in brief side-notes.

I am sure there are as many or probably more youths doing the same "right" things today as there were in the past. However with the media coverage, it only takes a few of the 300,000,000 people in the USA to make it seem like an epidemic.

Top Bottom