• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    JEFFERSONVILLE — A 78-year-old man accused of carrying a loaded semiautomatic pistol into a Jeffersonville McDonald’s restaurant and assaulting another customer had his gun permit revoked last week.

The Evening News reported in late January that Richard Edward Hughes still had a valid gun permit. The Indiana State Police Records Division stated at the time that Hughes’ arrest had not been reported to the state’s criminal history repository as it should have been.

Clark County Sheriff Danny Rodden said there may have been a problem with the machine that takes and records fingerprints in the jail.

Hughes was charged in September with class C felony battery with a deadly weapon and class D felony criminal recklessness.

According to a police report, Hughes thought 39-year-old Patrick Becka, of New Albany, cut in front of him in line at the McDonald’s on Court Avenue and Broadway. The two became involved in a verbal argument, and Hughes allegedly went to his vehicle and returned with a gun. The two became involved in a physical altercation, and Hughes reportedly pointed the gun at Becka’s head.

Hughes’ gun permit was revoked at a hearing in Indianapolis last week.

A jury trial is set for April 13.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If they take away our right to protect our position in line what is next. We cannot stand by while this happens.
    I hope the government entities that scan these boards understand the purple sarcasm rule. I guess I'll find out next time I try to buy a gun from a FFL.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    senility.jpeg

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    LoL Whats funny is this guy will probably be on here next week giving a sob storry and wondering how to get his LTCH back.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Between old people and my son, I know don't know who's worse when it comes to fighting over McDonald's food! :lmfao:

Oh, wait, he really did this.... What a tool...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    If he's 78, he'll do as he pleases - he's put in his time.
    If he wants to shoot someone over a McDouble with cheese at the ripe old senile age of almost 80, I dare anyone to come up with a punishment to stop him.

What can anyone possibly do to this guy? Throw him in prison? For what, two years?
    This guy lived during the second World War - this is pansy stuff to him.

Granted, it's pretty asinine and definitely unjustifiable, but I'm just saying, I doubt he very much cares WHAT happens to him now, he's had a rather long - if not wholly fulfilling - life. Whatcha gonna do, take his dentures from him and tell him he can't have corn anymore? There's NO way to keep someone that old from doing as they damned well please, male or female, right or wrong.

"Cut it out, grandpa - or else!"

"OR ELSE WHAT, WHIPPERSNAPPERS?!"

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Sounds like there were two idiots; one that used a gun to address someone cutting in line and one that was too stubborn to let an old man move up one space in line at a fast food place.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    LoL Whats funny is this guy will probably be on here next week giving a sob storry and wondering how to get his LTCH back.
    And if I know INGO, he will find no sympathy whatsoever, because what he is accused of doing is a crime. IIRC, if he is found not to be guilty, he'll get it back. If he is guilty of a crime of violence, he needs to answer for his crime.

Blessings,
    Bill

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    And if I know INGO, he will find no sympathy whatsoever, because what he is accused of doing is a crime. IIRC, if he is found not to be guilty, he'll get it back. If he is guilty of a crime of violence, he needs to answer for his crime.

Blessings,
    Bill

Your right. Considering some of the LEO haters on here, it probably will be mostly blamed on the LEO's and another LEO bashing will begin.:dunno:

Top Bottom