• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    If you make it unprofitable for insurance companies they will go out of business, which is what some in the government want. Why would you sell someone an insurance policy for $1000 a month if you have to pay out 5 times that every month? That just does not make any sense.

Unprofitable? Those particular people might be unprofitable (depends on case) there are still millions and millions of healthy people that pay for insurance but only use it a few times a year for a check up, and most still pay a co-pay. They make up for their loss by the excess of the healthy. Granted, the law mandates people get health insurance. They are literally handing over customers to the companies, so that is a lot of revenue to consider.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unprofitable? Those particular people might be unprofitable (depends on case) there are still millions and millions of healthy people that pay for insurance but only use it a few times a year for a check up, and most still pay a co-pay. They make up for their loss by the excess of the healthy. Granted, the law mandates people get health insurance. They are literally handing over customers to the companies, so that is a lot of revenue to consider.

Now that our largest employers are Walmart, Kelly Temp Services, McDonald's, etc instead of GM, Chrysler, GE, etc.. the need for people to stay on their parents' insurance is a product of an economy run into the ground by big-government progressives than a long awaited idea whose time has finally come. When I graduated college back in the 1980's, it never occurred to me to stick around the house an mooch off my family's benefits. I was out to make my own way in the world. But now that we've run good paying manufacturing jobs out of the country and replaced them with part time service jobs, we are compounding the problem by turning to the .gov to help subsidize us.

Obviously, until the universal healthcare wealth redistributers came along to placate the masses of underemployed, there was no need and therefore no market for extended health care coverage for dependents. If there was, the money grubbing insurance companies would have surely figured out a way to fleece their customers. Instead, rather than address the reasons for why the average person can't afford their typical, mundane health care needs, we are now saddled with a money robbing law that will reduce the overall medical care for all of us, while simultaneously increasing costs....but at least you'll have coverage--until some bureaucrat decides you are no longer worth spending the money on.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    The House has tried 40 times now to repeal the ACA.... and failed 40 times... remind me what the definition of insanity is again?

The house didn't fail. They placed a bill in Dirty Harrys hands and he round filed it.
    They need to defund it through the budget process.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Now that our largest employers are Walmart, Kelly Temp Services, McDonald's, etc instead of GM, Chrysler, GE, etc.. the need for people to stay on their parents' insurance is a product of an economy run into the ground by big-government progressives than a long awaited idea whose time has finally come. When I graduated college back in the 1980's, it never occurred to me to stick around the house an mooch off my family's benefits. I was out to make my own way in the world. But now that we've run good paying manufacturing jobs out of the country and replaced them with part time service jobs, we are compounding the problem by turning to the .gov to help subsidize us.

Yes. We need these manufacturing jobs to come back so that they can actually afford quality insurance without assistance instead of being stuck at dead end jobs from places that pay s*** wages.

Obviously, until the universal healthcare wealth redistributers came along to placate the masses of underemployed, there was no need and therefore no market for extended health care coverage for dependents. If there was, the money grubbing insurance companies would have surely figured out a way to fleece their customers. Instead, rather than address the reasons for why the average person can't afford their typical, mundane health care needs, we are now saddled with a money robbing law that will reduce the overall medical care for all of us, while simultaneously increasing costs....but at least you'll have coverage--until some bureaucrat decides you are no longer worth spending the money on.

We keep reacting to the symptoms, not the problems. If we continue on this path we're pretty much done for. I am 24 years old, and I am completely independent from my parents but I still am covered under my mother's insurance thanks to this law. Healthcare is expensive for someone my age and income, and I will take advantage of it until I am 26. I wish I didn't have to, I really would like to be able to afford my own insurance. From what you said, you're exactly right. Someone in my age group shouldn't have to depend on anything from their parents. The way the circumstances are, I can only hope to be in a better situation money-wise to be able to afford it when I turn 26. With this job market, I am much better off trying to move up where I currently am than to find something new. Healthcare is going to be expensive, with or without Obamacare. We should address why it's so expensive rather than making it easier for people to pay for it.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

He speaks.

Hey man I thought you were from Long Beach.

[video=youtube;HjqIlBHD3Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjqIlBHD3Ck&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I'm used to seeing :popcorn: from GFGT. ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Not only that, it was uphold by SCOTUS.
    So was slavery in several decisions. Is that your standard for determining whether a law should be repealed?

Congress needs to stop wasting time and money on repeal.
    No, this is exactly the role of Congress. And I expect no limit on the efforts to restore liberty to the people.

They should try when the people realize how bogus some parts of the law are.
    The whole damn law is bogus. The parts you favor are simply welfare lite examples foisted among private business as the government tries to pick the winners and losers. Your health care is not my responsibility.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So was slavery in several decisions. Is that your standard for determining whether a law should be repealed?

No, just further solidifying the fact that repeal is futile at this point. Right or wrong.

No, this is exactly the role of Congress. And I expect no limit on the efforts to restore liberty to the people.

I know their role is to continue to waste my money. They have bigger things to worry about, but they chose to waste the time and money on repeal. 40 times. What do they say about insanity again?

The whole damn law is bogus. The parts you favor are simply welfare lite examples foisted among private business as the government tries to pick the winners and losers. Your health care is not my responsibility.

This is why you refuse to see why you don't know what you're talking about. Of course it's not your responsibility Einstein, unless you personally are mailing checks to me to help cover my insurance. People cannot be denied anymore and I 100% support that. Why should a private company or a government decide whether you live or die because of your health? Look at it this way, if that part wasn't in the bill, you would be paying a lot more in taxes. If everyone gets denied by the private companies, then they get on the government bandwagon for health. Guess who's paying for that? You are. Also, I highly doubt that if one day you got some terrible disease, you will complain about how your insurance should drop you because you are too big a cost on them. I know people who have died because of their private insurance dropping them pre-Obamacare and its not a pretty sight. It would not be far fetched to say if these insurance companies and doctors had better practices, Obamacare wouldn't exist today. It was a reactive symptom of the really crappy and inefficient system of American healthcare.

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Back to the top!! They are at 900,000 now. Forward this around to help hit the 1,000,000 goal by Labor day!!!

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    It'll get funded. Obama will shake the XL Pipeline limb and the oil barons will call their Congressional stooges and it'll be signed. The Republicans will ***** and moan, it'll hit the news for a while, and then it'll go back to being business as usual and another 40 expensive lawsuits will start up, get slapped down, and Obamacare will still be around for the next decade or two.

Petition = pointless, ineffective, and a waste of time

Top Bottom